burrowing.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutherford

i peer into your soul
is it normal for chinchillas to like burrowing? i've put in a nice layer of bedding in rutherford's cage, but he seems to really like burrowing through the bedding to find himself a nice spot on the metal tray. it's not hot in san diego right now, so i'm sure the temperature inside the house is under 70 degrees. he also shows no sign of being overheated, so i'm not exactly sure what's up.

last night, he was reallllllllly burrowing. as if he was digging for treasures.

any insight as to why he's burrowing? and if it helps, he has been home with me for about a week now :D

oh that's a relief. i thought i was missing signs of him feeling overheated or something! thanks for the help! he has now fallen asleep inside his fuzzy tube, with his head peeking out <3

Edgar will lift his fleece liner and burrow underneath. All we see is a lump moving underneath. It's really cute since he seems to have no interest in chewing the plastic the fleece protects.

oh my, that must be reaaaaaaaally cute! i feel like such a paparazzi sometimes, with my camera ready to capture anything cute rutherford has done, which is pretty much every second of the day.

Even though you're sure the temp is under 70, having a thermometer by his cage isn't a bad idea.

Latest posts

Back