bridge with bead spacers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not tried the sqiggle bridges, but I would like to. It is a really creative idea and I think the chins would enjoy them. I do not "squeal" and am interested in other people's experiences and ideas, that's how you keep learning. I don't have a problem at all with other people having a different, view, opinion, experience, etc. This debate alone has made me think of several different ideas that I would not of come up with before. I do take offense to slander.

I have a tripod rescue here that broke her leg on a FN ramp. I would NEVER use a bridge with spaces as they are an accident waiting to happen.
Claire was very clear on how a chin would react when it's foot would slip.

I know the story on the chin here went up the ramp, her leg went through and then she flipped over and broke her leg. She was a kit when it happened so I can easily understand it happening to an adult with those bridges. Lucky for this tripod she was surrendered to a vet office and they amputated her leg and kept her until she was better.

I do have 2 bridges with NO spaces and have no issues with them. They are with my pet chins and no toe issues ever. Personally I prefer just having ledges which is why I only have 2 bridges.

I don't use any ramps and have never been a fan of them, especially the wire ramps. I don't like the chins standing on any wire, it just seems like it would make their feet sore. I use 4' wide cages instead of tall cages and the chins can easily jump to the shelves without ramps.

Saying that I have a "vested" interest in trying to convince people that these bridges are safe, which is completely untrue.
There is no slander here.
Is it not true that you helped design the one with the gemstone beads? It has been posted on here previously that you did.

You put your time & effort into helping design that one particular bridge, did you not? You invested. Therefore, it makes prefect sense to that you have a "(in)vested interest" in seeing that particular bridge work out positively - that is not slanderous. It is simple human nature to want something you have worked on function well, even if there is no monetary gain involved.
Anyone who has invested in a project wants to see it succeed & will support it.

If you want to dispute this then take it up with me in PMs rather than accusing me of slander on an open forum.

Last edited:
No, I did not help design the bridge. I asked the maker if they could use metal beads or something hard like that because my chins chewed the wooden beads and I had to take those bridges out. Don't accuse people of something on an assumption.

If I felt an item was not safe I would not support it or list it on my site even if the entire thing was my idea and made it completely myself. That would be unethical and not good for business.

No, I did not help design the bridge. I asked the maker if they could use metal beads or something hard like that because my chins chewed the wooden beads and I had to take those bridges out. Don't accuse people of something on an assumption.
That's not what came across in the original sales thread or on the website.
Thank you to Cheryl Graham from Che’ Chinchillas (http://www.chechinchillas.com/) for the brainstorming sessions and awesome name for our new product.
That indicates you helped in the design, does it not? So my "assumption" is based on what has been openly posted on the internet - which is what anyone has to go by.

There's still no slander here so if you want to pursue this then either take it up with me in PMs or report the posts.

I wouldn't have one of the spaced bridges personally, when my two are going mad they can mis-time jumps (as someone earlier in the thread pointed out.)

On another note, if there is such an issue with mesh floors then why are they the most popular cages to have in the UK? That is a genuine question not a disagreement.

Obviously being on here I see the vast majority have liners for the FNs and also suggest covering mesh over a certain size. There are going to be differences in the way things are done here compared to the US/CAN, for instance it was pointed out to me that the most popular brand of dust in the US is very fine compared to what we have in the UK therefore a bath isn't needed as often. But the mesh bottom issue is very different so just wondering why the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back