Breeder in Ohio??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Smiley1

I am wondering who the breeders in OH are? The reason I am asking this is due to a ad on Craigslist , 3 chins from a OHIO breeder who shipped chins to NY. Or RR them. I sent the person an email to tell her that the food was not good for them and she told me that the breeder gave this food to her and thats what she uses.
Here is the ad:

"I need to rehome 3 chinchillas, there are 2 males and one female.
The two males are 6 months old, one is standard gray and the other is tan.
The female is 1 year old and is a standard gray.
The two standard grays live together in a large cage and the tan lives by himself because he is shy and does not get along well with the other chins.
The rehoming fee for the 2 standard grays is $250 and the fee for the one tan is $150.
They come with their cages, food dishes, water bottles, food, hay, treats, dust baths, dust, toys and anything else I have left"

Now I find it hard to believe that a breeder would suggest that food. I just wanted to know if any breeder in OH is a member here that sold 3 chins to someone in NY. I have the current pics of them and they do not look good. I know some breeders want them back...some don't. But if anyone fits this please let me know.

and I will send the Pics of the chins to you. I tried telling her a few things, but she decided to cuss me out and tell me I knew nothing about chins. But she has had 7 so she knows everything.

Last edited:
WHat type of food? I don't see any food listed. THere are a ton of breeders in OH, and not all of them are members here, some are but some aren't.

the food with the little colored "cheeries" in it and other crap.....I didn't post pics......But it is not just Pellet food. But the chins in general just do not look healthy to me.

Yeah I figured there were a bunch of breeders in OH. Tried giving as much info as I could.

Last edited:
Maybe the ad was someone that was a backyard breeder and didn't really understand or research chins. I am sure that if they are part of this forum, they would know that the fiesta food is crap!

well, Her exact words to me in email were......"My chins are not from a petstore, I paid 550.00 for the 3 of them, I had them sent to me from a breeder in OH. and I am taking a huge hit selling them for 350.00."

They could be from a ton of different people. There is no way to know, unless she tells you. If she won't listen, there is not much you can do.

I agree, there's tons and tons of people who could be possible breeders. There's a very slim chance that the breeder could even be on this forum. There's an even slimmer chance the breeder could even be reputable.

there are a TON of chinchilla breeders in Ohio....it could be anyone!

Yup I am sure it could be. Kinda sucks, cuz I know alot of breeders really do like to know how their chins are doing.....and would like them back if ppl can't keep them. These guys are not that old....I figured if someone knew they had sent some to NY especially at those ages. just maybe. But anyway here is the post just so ya know why I was a little concerned.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/pet/1034436158.html

Latest posts

Back