Boys fighting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

So I introduced my 1 year old boy to a new 4-5 month old about a month ago and since this was my first intro I though everything went pretty well (a little chasing and mounting with a bit of fur slipping but nothing too aggressive by my standards).

During the day they sleep together in the same hut (usually on top of each other) and if I let them out for playtime in the evening they seem to get on just fine, but during the night when I am asleep I always hear them barking at each other and jumping around the cage a lot. Both of them are missing a little fur from the intro still where they were mounting each other etc, but as far as I can see there is no new fur slips and I've never seen blood in the cage or on the chins.

Is it normal to hear them fighting (If that is even what it is?) like this after being together for nearly a month?

maybe they argue over the feed or water. you may want to put two bowls and bottles and see if that fixes the situation.
That being said, there are times they will bark at each other.

I've got two water bottles available to them at the moment and there is a bowl for pellets and a bowl for alfalfa hay so I don't think that would be the problem.

There are plenty of toys for them to play with and the cage is quite large (150x90x60cm). It's just seems strange to me that they sleep together during the day fine but at night they always seems to argue over things.

Back