Book Challenge!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristanichole

Anyone interested in starting a book challenge up with me?

Last year I wanted to try for 50 books, and then I set it for 20 instead...it was too hard for me to try for 50 while working and going to school full time!
I'm still working and going to school full time, so I'm setting a higher goal, but still a realistic goal for me.

Anyways, I reached 21 and I think I'm going to try for 30 this time.

So I'm setting a challenge for myself!

Year Starting/Ending:
July 2009 - July 2010
Book total: 30 books

Each time I end a book I will add it to my list. I haven't finished one yet, so I'll start my official list as soon as I do. I'm working on finally finishing "Are you there Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." I set this book down a few weeks ago and didn't pick it up again until tonight.

Anyone who wants to start their own challenge, post here! :)

Nichole I would have to challenge myself to read less LOL! I read AT LEAST one book a day. Yes you heard right at least one. On the weekends I usually read two books a day, if the weather is crummy I'll read more than two! Maybe my challenge can be to read a book on your list or someone else's!

I'm with Laurie. My books I've read this is already over 75. But I think this is a great challenge for people! I love it when people actually read books instead of just waiting patiently while drooling for the movie to come out. Books are fabulous!!!

My book list starting July 2009:
Bending The Rules--Susan Andersen 5 stars
Sweet Persuasian--Maya Banks 4 stars
Full Exposure--Tracy Wolff 2 stars

I'm in, but i can't commit to that many books! I think I will start with 15. (do re-reads count? i am about to re-read new moon!)

I'm going to have to look these up and see what they're about!

I'm in, but i can't commit to that many books! I think I will start with 15. (do re-reads count? i am about to re-read new moon!)
15 sounds great!!! And yes, I think re-reads count for sure!

And adding to my list:
Instant Gratification--Jill Shalvis 5 stars
I Only Have Fangs For You--Kathy Love 5 stars
Edge of Midnight--Shannon McKenna 2 stars--what a disappointment! I usually love the McCloud Brothers!

Laurie, how do you find time to do so much reading??!!! I read a lot when I was younger and before I had kids. Now, I try to get some reading in at bedtime. I read all the Patricia Cornwell novels and love novels that are about forensic science and crime. I think it's wonderful that you guys have read so much and Tristanichole, that you are setting goals for yourself! Maybe once the kids are busier with school and friends I can pick up the pace again.

I'm trying my damndest to read more this year!

Book number one for my list...starting it out with a laugh...
1. "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" - Chelsea Handler

I've got 3 other books sitting her taunting me now...actually...make that 4 books.

Do picture books count?
Tibbit the chinchilla went to school :bus: Tibbit beat the class pet :deadhorse2: Tibbit got called into the principals office :waiting: She said, "I don't think you are paying attention to me, what did I say?" :blah: She killed Tibbit :angel8:

And adding to my list:
Edge of Midnight--Shannon McKenna 2 stars--what a disappointment! I usually love the McCloud Brothers!

Any Way You Want Me--Kathy Love 5+ stars
My Sister is a Werewolf--Kathy Love 5 stars
The Mackenzie Artifact--Allison Kent 4 stars
The Beach Alibi--Allison Kent 5 stars

You might notice I get on an author kick hence the books by Kathy Love. I read one and HAD to read all of hers. Same goes for Allison Kent. I've read her serials and now am reading her Smithson Group series--nice bunch of spy guys!

And adding to my list:

Adding:
Start Me Up--Victoria Dahl LOVED IT!!! 5+++++ stars!

And adding to my list:

Adding:

Adding:
About a Dragon--G I Aiken 4 stars
Exteme Danger--Shannon McKenna 3 1 /2 stars
Out of This World--Jill Shalvis 5 stars and it was 1st person which I hate, but I loved it!

I figured I would get in on this too.. I need to do SOMETHING besides work and be online here.. lol..

Im not a big romance person. So I am going to start off with Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz. There I have Cold Fire, By the Light of the Moon, Dark Fall and Strangers. After Im done with these Ill get my next 5 books picked out and Ill post those.

If anyone has any good Thrillers or Horror books let me know! I love to be scared!

Oh Laurie my Lady...you're killing me. LOL

1. Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler
2. An Unfinished Life - Mark Spragg
What's funny about this book is, I didn't know it was made into a movie until I read about it at the end of the book. Throughout the entire book I imagined "Mitch" being very Morgan Freeman like...turns out "Mitch" is indeed played by him!! How crazy! I imagined Jean as a blond woman...she's played by Jennifer Lopez - haha. Good book though, I really enjoyed it.

1. Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler (4 out of 5 for the laughs this book gave me)
2. An Unfinished Life - Mark Spragg (4 out of 5)
What's funny about this book is, I didn't know it was made into a movie until I read about it at the end of the book. Throughout the entire book I imagined "Mitch" being very Morgan Freeman like...turns out "Mitch" is indeed played by him!! How crazy! I imagined Jean as a blond woman...she's played by Jennifer Lopez - haha. Good book though, I really enjoyed it.

Adding:
3. If I Stay - Gayle Forman (3 1/2 out of 5)

And adding to my list:

Adding:

Adding:
About a Dragon--G I Aiken 4 stars
Exteme Danger--Shannon McKenna 3 1 /2 stars
Out of This World--Jill Shalvis 5 stars and it was 1st person which I hate, but I loved it!

Adding:
Dragon Actually--G A Aiken 5 stars
Chains and Flames--G A Aiken 5++ stars

Back