bone spurs??? cancer???

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orlandochins

ok, I got an email today and not sure what to respond back with because I am not familiar with what the email is asking about....

here is the email

HI
my name is Susan ...I live in Altamonte and got your name from a new beg rescue

I have had my chin for over 12 years ..very healthy .. I just lost my other chin a few months ago
the male 12 year old has lost some weight and I felt a nodule pointy bump on his shoulder
would that be a bone spur? or cancer?
Im takign him in to dr diaz who is an expert w/ exotics but wanted to have as much info as poss before taking him in ..
do u have any idea what this could be?
another rescue group told me that she never had a chin that go cancer so I was wondering if you had any experience with that
my appointment is at 3pm today ..Im hoping you get his email ...as I didnt have your phone number

any advice or opinions on this????

thanks

Pretty much any animal can develop cancer. There's not much advice to give her. She's already doing what needs done and taking him to the vet.

I wonder if he might have fallen at some point and this is a calcium deposit on an old break or some such.

Without feeling or seeing it, it's possible that an injury could calcate, but to have that kind of damage the chin should probably show some pain. Xray would probably be the best bet to find out what's going on.

Latest posts

Back