blue cloud chew rock

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought this today for my little guy and was wondering if anyone else has used this product? If so what did you think about it?

I got one for gizmo the other day, he'll chew on it for a minute and then brush all the dust off with his little hands, then roll around in it, haha. Just like the lava ledges.

Where are you guys finding them for sale? I've been looking forever. >.< I know Rhonda on here has them, but I'm interested in buying in bulk, hopefully for a cheaper price.

I use Ronda's so they start out square. Mine chew on them, roll on them and it seems like some nights throw them at each other from the sounds of it. :D Eventually they end up as a large ball that gets smaller over time. Once they get round you hear them roll off shelves and onto the bottom levels frequently. It takes mine six months or longer from start to finish on one.

I've seen them at Petco here but I'm not sure if they are the same type or not, they are smaller and more pumice like.

Attachments

• ChewBlocks.jpg
    ChewBlocks.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 58
Is it ok to leave them in the cage all the time? I'm just afraid they'd have too much access to dust and it would make their skin dry out.

Otherwise I know Chinchy would love that. He starts "dusting" in his aspen bedding to signal when he wants a dust bath. :laughitup:

I highly doubt the chewing of this rock produces remotely enough dust to take a bath in. Probably little touch ups of the face! But they won't roll around in it :) Gizmo loves his!

I've been using them for two years now and haven't seen a dry skin issue. They don't produce much dust and the chins rub their faces and shoulders on the rock itself more than anything.

thanks for the insight on these - have been eyeballing them on Ronda's site and am now thinking I will add some to the next order I place

Where are you guys finding them for sale? I've been looking forever. >.< I know Rhonda on here has them, but I'm interested in buying in bulk, hopefully for a cheaper price.

Petco sells it for $3.99 each, it's also marketed by Petco in a plastic bag. Rhonda's seems it's a better deal though.

My boys up till now still haven't figured it out how to get the dust off and it's sits in the shelf for 1 week untouched.
My girls ended up scratching and chewing half the rock down over night.
Conclusion, girls rule while boys bark at the girls to say "hey teach me teach me" :laughitup:

All 4 of my chins and 2 of my guinea pigs have these and they absolutely love them! And I do have one chin that chewed his enough to take a bath in it, but he's a small chin anyway and does not need a whole lot of dust to bathe in. :) I just take his out at night and make sure he has lots of wood to chew on.

Yeppp they're awesome! Haah I think the 4 bucks I spent was well worth it! Been a week and the rock hasn't gotten phased at all! He chews it all the time. Haha

I bought mine at petsmart its where I get all liam's stuff right now. I need to start ordering from people off here the wood he goes through is so expensive in the stores.

I use Ronda's so they start out square. Mine chew on them, roll on them and it seems like some nights throw them at each other from the sounds of it. :D Eventually they end up as a large ball that gets smaller over time. Once they get round you hear them roll off shelves and onto the bottom levels frequently. It takes mine six months or longer from start to finish on one.

I've seen them at Petco here but I'm not sure if they are the same type or not, they are smaller and more pumice like.

6 months!? WOW.....I've shy'd away from ordering these because of the cost and assuming (oops) they wouldn't last long enough to make it worth it. May have to try them out after hearing this. :)

6 months!? WOW.....I've shy'd away from ordering these because of the cost and assuming (oops) they wouldn't last long enough to make it worth it

Yea, I wasn't sure of them either because the lava rock stuff gets destroyed so fast. Ronda sent me some in a package with the chin stuff I left at her place two years ago. Some have lasted over a year, I was really impressed. Even in my weaning cages with 3-5 boys or girls they'll last several months.

Back