blizzards progress in color

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
i have a tan female that i have been so curious as to what she will look like at full color maturity..she is 9 months old now..she is starting to get dark splotches all over her body , her head and legs are still extremely dark like they were when she was younger..anyone have any opinions on what they THINK she might look like at full maturity??sorry i couldnt get better pics..she would NOT stay still on a white towel so i had to hold her to get the pics..and she just had a bath yesterday, we switched to sweat pdz due to the dust that comes off of the other kinds and she doesnt have the best fur quality anyways..so dont mind the roughness lol

380260543.jpg

384887271.jpg

384887260.jpg

She reminds me of Tara's Fuzzy. Her color will probably continue to change as she gets older and she primes. I've seen many go through phases of light and darker.

Yes she is holding the chinchilla by the base of the tail. There is nothing wrong when that is done

That color coming in is really common for tan chins that are homozygous for beige - eg "homo tan". What colors were the parents?

cool to see. I didn't really know that chins could be born one color and completely change. I knew it happened with human babies. (eye and hair color) but not so much with chins. COOL :)

cool to see. I didn't really know that chins could be born one color and completely change. I knew it happened with human babies. (eye and hair color) but not so much with chins. COOL :)

yes,
im not sure what other colors but i know there are some mosiacs born with very dark spots and they will vanish over time

Back