Bird forums? And a question.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
I am looking for a GOOD bird forum. I know there are other people on here with birds and was hoping to get some input.

I joined one quaker forum, but it seems like either a lot of people just lurk, or no one has a suggestions. I was looking for tips on training, and working with small issues before they become big issues, and if I'm getting one or no answers well... lol.

Also I'll ask my recent question, Dukkah used to only scream when he was hungry, now he's doing it for no appartent reason. This morning I feed him at my desk, then he put himself back in his cage ( door was open ) and began screaming. Being that he's two feet from my ear it's annoying and I just don't know WHY he's doing it. He's free to come out, in fact he put himself away... and I'm right here. I know birds can be loud, but I don't understand WHY he's doing it. Usually quakers scream because they want something, but I'm here, he's just fed, he was out until he put himself away...

What do you do when he screams? Do you talk to him, show him attention when he's loud? Maybe try walking away from him, out of the room so he can't even see you. When he's quiet return and give him some loving.

I generally ignore him, and if he keeps up I cover his cage and he quiets down. What I don't get is in this instance he put HIMSELF in the cage, and then screamed about it.

I just re-acquired my bird after being away to college/overseas for 4 years and I have been frequenting Avian Avenue http://forums.avianavenue.com

After not having her for so long, and only being in high school before the last time I had her (my mom always took care of her) I really needed some help w/ bird care and they helped me out. Even just reading the forums were useful. They seem fairly well informed about stuff...but then again, i'm no expert.

Sorry, i'm not sure about the screaming. My bird is a pionus...they aren't exactly known for their voice....half the time I forget she is sitting next to me because she is so quiet.

There is a board that is called Lovebirds Plus that is for lovebirds but they do have sections for other birds. I've always found the people helpful there and they really care about birds.

Latest posts

Back