bird cage into chin cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, add a bunch of wooden shelves and perches and hammocks and it will be a chin haven. Maybe tile on the bottom, wood would absorb pee and smell bad after a while I would imagine. The bottom might even be able to be removed and you could just use fleece liners on the tray.

I actually had that cage for a very short amount of time, and the bar spacing was too far for my full grown girl. It's the ones on the front under the door that are a problem. They are way over 1 inch, and my girl ended up escaping while I was watching her, thank goodness. Look at the ad's third picture, and you'll see.

For $120, keep waiting for a FN to come on CL.

If you took the tray out from below the metal grid and put it on top of the grid and then got 5 inch tall kiln dried pine and attached that around the inside of the bottom section then those large spaces would be covered and would not be an issue. You could then use shavings or fleece liners over the plastic tray bottom.

you can also wire /hardware around the the bottom of the cage where chin can slip through I had to do this for my cage when I first got my chin and decided to keep it on

For $120 you can get a decent aviary on ebay: (free shipping, too!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bird-Pa...361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ca6a1e069

And they convert pretty easily with just making some wood shelves...

IMG_2403.jpg

Latest posts

Back