best place to purchase hay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITSTOP64

Hi,
Ok..everyone answered my questions as to where the best place is to buy food,but what about hay?
Do members sell hay also?
Thanks,
Penny

Most members don't sell hay other than in small bags. With shipping it's going to be more than just buying at a pet store/feed store. I recommend Oxbow Timothy Hay which can be purchased at PetSmart. You can get a 40oz bag for $10.00. You can also check Oxbow's site for other places in your area that carry their products. I gave a small pet store by me that orders 9lb boxes for $21.99 for me. The other option is to check your local feed stores for bales of hay. The hay down south here is crappy, but usually up north you can find decent hay for really, really cheap. Down here a 60lb bale of timothy runs about $15, and up north I know it is usually a good bit cheaper.

I have purchased all sorts of hay for my chins over the years. They have gone back and forth with their favorites. Some brands they just refuse to eat. One of my chins is very picky, it is so hard to get him to eat hay. Currently I get the organic hay from Fuzzies kingdom and the chins are just loving it! Typically I have purchased Oxbow and American Pet Diner, also from Kleenmamas. Good luck. I'd go with the top brands and see what your chin prefers.

Definitely 2nd the brands that ChinchieRoo listed, as hay brands to try: Oxbow (online or Petsmart), Kleenmama's Hay Loft (online through their website), American Pet Diner (online through their own website), and Fuzzies Kingdom (online through their website).

Each chin has their own preferences for hay and can be a bit picky about it. I usually feed Timothy Hay and switch it up with some Orchard Hay, Oat Hay or Botanical Hay.

Back