Bentley Lowes Recessive White

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saphire

Christiane's Chinchillas
Introducing my first RW born here and am very excited

Bentley MYSA B8, born May2nd 2012, at 78g
Dam: Blaze - Standard RWC
Sir: Jake - Standard RWC

just a cute little guy

Thank you Lauralynn, Juanita and Kara :)

Looking forward to see how he will turn out. I am excited about him.
I have had my LRW's and Carriers for over 1.5 years, I had agreed with the previous owners I would take my time before breeding them. I know a year and a half is alot, but wanted to wait till one was a full 2 years of age.

Finally did so obviously 4 months approx and here is the first little one born here.

Last edited:
No, Lowe Recessive white is its own mutation. A pink white is a beige/white cross. rWs have a goldish-champagne hue to them.

Congrats on a healthy RW! Good-sized kit as I've seen in all my RW births so far... Although some have been larger than I'd like to see. I worry about the females I put into my RW lines.

Yes Sumiko, I understand that they birth at high weights.
Check the pelvic bones of the RW's kit mom and compare it with the females you want to put into the line. Should give you a good idea as to them being able to pass the kits.

No, Lowe Recessive white is its own mutation. A pink white is a beige/white cross. rWs have a goldish-champagne hue to them.

Congrats on a healthy RW! Good-sized kit as I've seen in all my RW births so far... Although some have been larger than I'd like to see. I worry about the females I put into my RW lines.

THANKS, Sumiko!!!

So is it pretty much a different name for the goldbar then?

Congrats. He's a cutie :)

So is it pretty much a different name for the goldbar then?

Some breeders have told me that the Lowe Recessive White and goldbar are two separate mutations... but I really believe they are the same thing. I'm just waiting for the evidence to pop up... there has to be someone out there who has bred a so-called "goldbar" to a so-called "RW" and has findings to post. I think the slight differences in appearance between the "goldbars" and Lowe recessive whites" may just be due to different breeding goals in those who worked with them. After all, our current black velvets started out as standard-looking animals with just a darker face... and look what they are now!

Latest posts

Back