Ben hasn't been pooping

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe

Hi I usually post in the health and hygiene but right now I think I have and emergency he has an infection in the root of one or two of the teeth in the back of his mouth and he is taking an antibiotic, probiotic and painkiller. But the thing is he hasn't pooped or we haven't seen him do so for a whole day he is faily lethargic and he is syringe feed, but right now I am trying warm compressions and gentle stomach message but I need to know if I have to take him to the emergency vet. Only thing is today is thanksgiving and I am scared since I have already called they said that there exotic/ chinchilla vets aren't going to be till 6 or 7 respectively so please help

Also during warm compressions he keeps flinching or twitching occasionally

Personally, I would try to keep doing what you are doing, make him comfortable, and wait until the exotic gets in at 6, but certainly bring him in then.

Quick question I've done the compressions but he doesn't want to move away from it at all even after sufficient time has passed should I warm it up again and let him have it in his cage?

thank you for all your help but he just passed agains thank

Latest posts

Back