Beiges and Some Other Babies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The blacks, these girls are both pretty decent though I'd like a bit more veiling through the neck on both. I think they'll both do alright, density's there, tightness of fur, conformation's alright. They're not huge animals but they're acceptable for sure. Reasonable bellies I think though under certain lighting the one's belly looks a bit creamy. They're both staying unless they do god aweful at show.

First I THINK will be in the young class though I'll have to check to be sure. She was a weird color at birth, brownish for sure and just oddball looking fur type.

Second is the darker animal, her mother took Res.Sec.Champ a bunch of years back. She's the nicer animal and will show in the adult class.

Attachments

• 100_3912.jpg
    100_3912.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_3945.jpg
    100_3945.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 28
Next the beiges:

First is a beige female that slipped a few patches of fur weeks ago. She'll be in the young class. Has good density, good size for age, decent conformation. Her clarity/color I'm just not sure of as I never am in beiges. She's super light for a hetero ebony, but I don't know much else.

Second is a beige male, he'll be sold after the show as I don't want to start a beige line. I'd have to look to see if he'll be in the adult class. If he is he'll be on the smaller side for adult. He's not huge, but he's got okay/average size. If he's in the young class his size will be acceptable. He's got good density, strength and conformation. Again, he's darker than the female but I can't tell much for color/clarity.

Attachments

• 100_3914.jpg
    100_3914.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3919.jpg
    100_3919.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 35
Last but not least, my ebony male. I'd really REALLY like to show him for the ebony experience...just not 100% sure. He was born in December so he's only 3mos old right now...will only be 4.5mos at show. Still, in his short time he's cleared up a great deal...he's got good shape, density, strength of fur...only problem is size. I mean, he's a 3mos old that weighs nearly 500g...but he's very compact as most of my lines are. So he looks small. And he looks very "babyish" too. We shall see, it will probably be a last minute decision on him but he's being primed for show the same as everyone!

Attachments

• 100_3934.jpg
    100_3934.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 39
Well, not many of them will actually be prime as most are showing in the young class and won't have been through their first prime...but they look alright. Thanks!

Gearing up for show, here are the beiges:

First pic female, plan to keep her unless she does god aweful. Her fur isn't as tight as I'd like but we'll see what the judge has to say.

Second pic male that is listed in the classifieds. I think he'll do alright honestly but I'm still newish to beige so not 100%.

Attachments

• 100_4098 - Copy.jpg
    100_4098 - Copy.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_4106.jpg
    100_4106.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
The whites:

First pic young mosaic. Normally I show predominantly white or WDG...not mosaics. Sometimes I think I see yellow in her, sometimes not. Otherwise, decent size for age (not huge) nice tight, dense fur, reasonably conformation.

Second pic young eb white, probably classed as a WDG, should do well. I think he's clear, nice dense stand up fur, good conformation and okay size.

Third adult white, not sure but I think she'll be classed mosaic. She's got okay size, okay conformation, I think she lacks density in the hips...we shall see.

Fourth pic is an adult mosaic, she's got okay conformation, nice tight dense fur, I think she's clear, could have better size though she's about average.

Attachments

• 100_4089 - Copy.jpg
    100_4089 - Copy.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_4091.jpg
    100_4091.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_4110 - Copy.jpg
    100_4110 - Copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_4118.jpg
    100_4118.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
The blacks.

Young female- she's lighter phased (though the photo is washed due to dust) I think she's lacking a bit of veiling in the neck but otherwise pretty nice girl. Decent size for age, reasonable conformation and clarity, good density.

Adult female- she's darker, and I think she could be larger though she's average in size I guess. I'm worried that her hips aren't going to smooth out...not sure what the heck is going on there. Last photo shoot I thought priming lines but now there's not lines so much as what looks like some fur slip here and there :( Not sure I'll show her if they don't smooth.

Attachments

• 100_4095 - Copy.jpg
    100_4095 - Copy.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_4121.jpg
    100_4121.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 14
This girl will be a last minute decision. I'd originally decided months ago not to show her simply because she's not a dark or extra dark. I think she'll be a dark medium, maybe, if that. But otherwise, she's got the goods. Size, conformation, clarity, density...she's a nice animal but won't compete with the darker animals that's for sure. Still deciding. As she was last minute she's not as "show shape" as the others but maybe I can get her there in time!

Attachments

• 100_4094 - Copy.jpg
    100_4094 - Copy.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 16
Your beige female looks snazzy but I do like the prominent veiling on your male too. ;)
I hope your last black girl smooths out, it's a bummer to have fur slips. IMO, throw that last girl in. Test out where she'll place. Some of us still love to see light to medium standards.
Good luck with your decisions and the show!

Latest posts

Back