Beiges and Some Other Babies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm wonder what the chin would think of a tail shaving muahahaha... xP

I like light beiges too, so I hope she wouldn't get marked down for it. D: Is it the chin in the very first pic? I love her creamy uniform appearance. <3

Well, I DO intend to scissor the tail when it's time, but even then I'm not sure it'll remove all of the stain :(

And yes, first picture in the first and second sets is the female beige I'm talking about. She's pretty to me, we shall see. If she grows out good enough I'll show her...if not well, then she'll go to a pet home I suppose :)

Have you tried corn starch in her dust bath?

IMO, it seems possible the light beige would be at fault for too little of veiling.
However you are making me want one now! I love their white undercoats.

Yeah, I said baking powder...meant corn starch! I can be an ijit sometimes! Yeah, I've tried it all, doesn't ever appear better for wear.

As for the beiges, I can't tell if the veiling is there and just super light or if it's not there altogether and don't know if that'd be a fault? Mayhaps I ought stick to what I know LOL! Standards and black velvets!

Same chins from post #13:

Beige F
Beige F
Eb/white M
Beige M

Attachments

• 100_3660.jpg
    100_3660.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_3655.jpg
    100_3655.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_3658.jpg
    100_3658.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_3659.jpg
    100_3659.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 21
Chins from post #14

mosaic F
bv F (2 pics)
bv F

Attachments

• 100_3665.jpg
    100_3665.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_3677.jpg
    100_3677.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3678.jpg
    100_3678.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_3680.jpg
    100_3680.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 13
Finally:

Chin from post #15
young mosaic I'm considering
young ebony I'm considering

A note on the ebony, this is going to be my first ebony shown if I do show him. He's only going to be 4.5mos at show and will likely still not have anywhere near an adult coat. That said, he started off VERY red/brown all over. He's progressively clearing up starting from the top down. Is this normal in ebonies? Do their bellies clear up last as they grow into adulthood? OH, and at 2mos (he was born beginning of December) he's 417g, not too shabby!

Attachments

• 100_3650.jpg
    100_3650.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_3674.jpg
    100_3674.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_3668.jpg
    100_3668.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 17
It'd be easier to answer your question if you referenced a post # and a picture # within that post. None of the chinchillas are deformed, not by a long shot but just curious why you'd ask?

I think aydree is referring to the 1st pic in the 2nd post. It's actually 2 chin babies, but I can see how it would look deformed if you thought it was one chin baby.

Lirana, if that IS indeed the pic she was referring to I can definitely see how it looked deformed LOL! And it's ACTUALLY triplets (yeah, all three are there)!

Encantadora- thank you very much. She's one of my lighter whites I've had born (most are the dusty gray look) so I don't know how well she'll do. My darker ones usually do very well, my lighter ones it's hit and miss. We shall see!

Thank you, she's quite young. A September baby I think, late in the month. She's out of a new (this year) female to my herd so we shall see. If she's looking good around show I'll take her. I slipped some fur on the one one beige about two weeks ago? Noticeable in the pic even, if it's not grown in by show (which I'm having doubts it will be) she won't be shown.

Still, I have at least two whites I'm sure I want to show...two black velvets for sure...they're all going into my herd. Then I have at least two beiges that should be okay to show (whether they'll do good or not is another story) and then my itsy bitsy ebony (not that he's small, just young). My usual show string of 5-7. Wish it were more but my baby booms happen when they happen. Likewise, we all know not every chin born is a looker and if I don't intend to use it for breeding it's not always worth keeping just to show. I had one, real pretty girl, would've done well. At 9mos old she's around 800g now. But she's going in breeding. I didn't feel holding her for show was worth it. Decisions decisions!

Updated pics of the ebony white male ;) Some on here have showed interest in him so figured I should get some pics! He's a looker. He's very round/brick shaped. His fur volume is good, fur strength is good, clarity appears pretty good. He's 546g (I think that's what it was) as of tonight. He was born 9/28/12 so not too shabby. Should be at least 600g come show (fingers crossed)

Attachments

• 100_3756.jpg
    100_3756.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3761.jpg
    100_3761.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3764.jpg
    100_3764.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3765.jpg
    100_3765.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 29
Father's a res.sec.champ. Honestly, looks a LOT like this boy. Mom is an extra dark ebony that was never shown. She's not conformed as well as I'd like but she was reasonably clear in her prime, has okay density and strength of fur and is average size (around 700g).

With show fast approaching I've upped dusting to almost every day and did a rough groom (okay, in reality they could probably go straight to a show) tonight. Here are updated pics of everyone I'm considering.

First the whites:
First girl is from new lines, hoping to see if they're worth continuing. She'll be in the young class. Tight fur, nice and dense but in some lighting she does look a bit yellow to me. We shall see.
Second is an ebony white male, he's reserved and will leave after show. Longer fur but quite dense and decent strength. He's got the clarity I like too.
Third is a very dark mosaic, mother was the same though I definitely think she's an improvement. Probably my best white for show, nice size and she'll be in the adult class. Good shape, clarity and density. Overall nice. She's the first kit I have out of the mother as she was a bit slow getting started. She'll be staying here.
Fourth, this girl I'm just not sure about. She's got the clarity for sure, and she seems reasonably dense but her fur just isn't as tight as I'd like. I'll be keeping her regardless as she's the only mosaic female that's been anywhere near worth keeping out of my oldest (and one of my first) mosaic females.

Attachments

• 100_3908.jpg
    100_3908.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_3909.jpg
    100_3909.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_3941.jpg
    100_3941.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3926.jpg
    100_3926.jpg