Baltimore

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huffnpoof

So I got this totally amazing internship in Baltimore. :thumbsup: The only problem is I've never been down there. I'm trying to find a place to stay for the month I'll be there, and was wondering if anyone knows any safe neighborhoods or more importantly which neighborhoods to avoid? I want to be as close to the inner harbor as possible, but don't necessiarly have to be right there. Just within bussing distance. If anyone has any advise, I'd be really greatful. I am going to look at a place in Dundalk tomorrow.

I cannot help you with the area, but I did wanted to say Congratulations on the internship! Good luck with everything.

Thanks Sasha. I'm really excited. I think I found a place in Dundalk that I liked. Anyone know anything about the area?

I live in Brooklyn park (like a mile from baltimore) and the inner harbor is very nice. Can be a tad bit trashy but thats city life for ya. Dundalk is okay from what I've heard. I've never really been around that area much. I mainly know about the areas of Baltimore, Glen Burnie, Linthicum, Pasadena, Columbia and Crofton.

Last edited:
Dundalk can be stinky some days, as there is a sewage treatment plant close by. Essex is the next major town up further from Dundalk, I think it's less stinky. Sorry! I haven't spent much time in that area, usually just passing through. I know a few people who live/have lived there and it can be a decent affordable place. For staying closer in the city - if you can afford it, Fells Point or Federal Hill are generally pretty nice, but parking can be difficult.

http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/neighborhoods/

Southeast and North parts of Balt have some nice neighborhoods - North the Hampden area is good.

Latest posts

Back