Babies!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDZCRanch

RavenousDeadlyZombieChins
I got up this morning to find...yet again...there are no new babies in the chin room. Since I have FIVE females ready to go any day, I figure at least one of them should humor me! After staring at Nessy for a few minutes who looks like she swallowed a very large softball, I noticed she was pushing pretty hard. I left the room for 20 minutes to grab some coffee and try some deep breathing "patience" exercises. Came back in the chin room and there's a soaking wet standard male in her cage! She's pushing again and I'm worried she has a large litter. Baby number one is fairly large though, so I'm thinking she might only have three.

Nessy is the first CC standard I've bred and she's just a gorgeous lady. I had one kit from her last year that was growing beautifully and sadly, I lost her when I moved the chins since she couldn't handle the stress of it. Nessy is bred to a gorgeous standard male I bought from Sumiko so I'm really excited to see how their first litter turns out. Pure standards just make me darned happy!

Yes pictures and update as soon as you know more :) And I have to ask, what is CC standard? I keep reading that as critical care standard.

LOL, Jules. It stands for Class Champion which means she was the top of her class. In a show, the class champions will compete against each other for GSC and RGSC.

She just delivered baby number two! A standard female the same size as her brother. Still more in there and I will get pictures as soon as they fluff up. Dad is sitting in the run grumping at me...he hates that I close him off from his babies and females. He's sitting right over mom with his nose sticking through the bars and crying. Such a trouble maker!

Congratulations Tabitha! I know how you feel about pure standards - they are my favorite and I guess that makes me weird! So far out of 15 babies born this year, 11 of mine are standards and growing beautifully.

I do have a couple of Blacks, beiges and whites just for a little variety but most of mine are standards and I just love them! Can't wait to see pictures!

Oooo...exciting! Although I hope that it's only triplets. You know my feelings about quads and quints...

I have daddy chins that get so angry about being away from their babies. He can always see them later! I just hope that the third (and hopefully final) baby makes his or her appearance quickly so you can stop worrying about this! :p

Number three is here! Standard male and mommy's belly feels soft so I think she's done. Fingers crossed she is done! They are pretty big babies for a litter of three.

ETA: Nessy is crazy!!! A35 just got weighed since he is mostly dry. A whopping 64g! The other two are not much smaller than he is. Looks like mom is done! Phew!

Last edited:
Oh man! It sounds like those babies were a little overcooked. :)

Summer babies are always so big, aren't they?

I'm glad that it all went well with the delivery. I'd be happy if the mamas all had one baby in each litter. Multiples can be so tricky sometimes with the delivery and nursing...poor mamas

So...when they are dry we get pictures?

Pictures are coming...soon as the babies are dry! Weighed the other two who are now mostly dry. 61g each! With three babies over 60g, it's no wonder I thought she had more in there! I'm REALLY glad she only had three though. I'm confident she will be able to nurse all three with no help. She is a very good momma and she loves her babies.

I love it when all the babies are larger! Most of the time with triplets the weights are only in the 40s and 50s...so your mama did really well in getting those babies assembled and fattened up! Are they big because they are squishy chub monsters or are they just big? (Strange question, I know...)

They are just BIG babies, Susan

Here is a picture to tide you all over. I heard squeaks on the wrong side of the room and after investigating a couple times...I found A38! A standard male (ugh...) out of my mosaic, Molly and her mate, Tut.

ETA: forum went down while I was trying to load the picture!

Attachments

• IMG_5245.jpg
    IMG_5245.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Pictures!

A35-standard male, 64g, Caeser's Palace
A36-standard female, 61g, Unicorn
A37-standard male, 61g, Stratosphere

Then a size comparison of A38 (Oscar) and Stratosphere. And some group baby pictures because those are always fun!

Attachments

• A35-Caesers Palace.jpg
    A35-Caesers Palace.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 47
  • A36-Unicorn.jpg
    A36-Unicorn.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 45
  • A37-Stratosphere.jpg
    A37-Stratosphere.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Size comparison.jpg
    Size comparison.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Baby bunch 1.jpg
    Baby bunch 1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 47
More baby bunch pictures!

And lastly...a picture of a very wet, very big eared Miss Unicorn!

Attachments

• baby bunch 2.jpg
    baby bunch 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 48
  • baby bunch 3.jpg
    baby bunch 3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Uuuuuuneeecorn!.jpg
    Uuuuuuneeecorn!.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 61
I just hate it when people take pictures of me before my hair is done! If I were Miss Unicorn - I wouldn't be on speaking terms with you!!! :)

Back