Babies from my "new herd"!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
Well, not new, but what I'm considering my "new herd" here, the animals I kept. I LOVE colonies, and in the last several weeks they've paid off well. I have one colony I set up with three females, and now I have three litters!

Litter number one is Dottie's boy, Mr. Snuffles, he is for sale as well.

rvnb301a.jpg

rvnb301.jpg

My second litter is Solace's beige girl, I hope her belly clears up, am replacing the male so hopefully next litter will be awesomer, she's staying to see if it clears up... Lil Solace:
RVNB302.jpg

And my litter from this morning out of my favorite female Luxor...
No names... standard male and white female. Male will be for sale, I will hold the female. They are copy cats apparently, lol

rvnb303-4a.jpg

rvnb303-4.jpg

OHHHHH My cuteness overload,and I love the background holiday stuff behind the babies.....can I ask since I dont know much about babies are they as small as the first pic when they come to a new home?

The first boy was born 12-11-12, the last pictures are newborns that were born last night. A lot of people are amazed at how big they are when they're born! Fully furred and ready to go! Most people wean between 6 and 8 weeks of age, so the boy in the top picture still has some time with mom before going to his new home. But they are considerably smaller than an adult chin at that time yet. :D

The first boy was born 12-11-12, the last pictures are newborns that were born last night. A lot of people are amazed at how big they are when they're born! Fully furred and ready to go! Most people wean between 6 and 8 weeks of age, so the boy in the top picture still has some time with mom before going to his new home. But they are considerably smaller than an adult chin at that time yet. :D

I have seen some small chins like the top of the first born in stores /close up...I really hope to add another female young chin sometime next year once I get new cage setups and my wood skills refined...the babies are just like I want want want!!! I know I just can not have more then one now so I am being patient waiting and enjoying the pics of babies others posts ....they look so much different as newborns its neat to see the babies at different ages Ty for sharing again such a joy to see

It's really amazing how much they change as they grow and how much different just a few weeks makes as well!

So cute! :D
I miss my kits. My female had one litter and her uterus prolapsed. She had to have a complete spay. :(

The herd is going to be limited, but will grow a bit. I have a second colony of females growing out right now, then I'll have a group of Recessive Whites next spring. I have so much troubles with the dust and everything I just can't handle anymore than I have right now.

I love colonies because you get "bursts" like this one. Three females in the colony and they all littered within weeks of each other! It's great to watch them help each other out with the kits as well. Definitely not for everyone and requires a lot of supervising to make sure everyone's getting along okay, but I enjoy it. Kind of back to where I started I guess, lol.

That's a bad deal LouandRoo, that's an unfortunate issue that comes along with breeding.

Congrats on the babies! :) Hopefully your girls will grow out how you want them to!!

Latest posts

Back