Aspen wood for chewing??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight Chinchillas

Zookeeper extraordinaire
I never seen anyone with Aspen for sale, but see it used for shavings all the time. Is there a reason, or are the trees just to pretty and most don't want to cut them. :dance3:

You could use it for toys and chews. It is VERY soft and the chins will destroy it in a hurry. The trees are very pretty, but you could use it if you wanted to...just don't expect for it to last all that long. As far as I know there isn't a reason why you couldn't use it.

Good to ask because I have my eyes on a tree. The owners next door has been out of the country for most of the 10 years since buying his house, and a stray aspen popped up in his backyard and I am going to ask if I can take it down. It's never been sprayed, this I know since I've been next door for over 17 years now, so I'm sure he's going to say go ahead! Cut er down! Could make some very thick and nice stuff with that wood! (rubbing my hands together)

Latest posts

Back