Are twigs/sticks a one a day treat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinessa

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find anything in the threads about it.

When people list some good, healthy treats for chins they always list apple twigs, etc. But some people seem to give their chins unlimited twigs.

Does this mean that chinchillas should only get one of these a day, or can they have multiples of them per day? Does it depend on the type of twig?

Unlimited is fine. Currently my girls all have kiwi, apple, ocotillo, pear and pecan in their cages. I fill up their mugs daily.

My girls have a stick box and it gets restocked every night. I try to keep a variety of types and sizes so they always have what they want.

I give lotsa sticks my chin has thin ones.....thick ones....in the middle ones LOL I give her free range chew

I give throw a couple sticks in her cage before I go to sleep, unlimited is fine too.

It comes down to what you can afford. I give my chin unlimited sticks, but that is because I have my own apple trees and can prepare my own twigs. Some people that have a lot of chins may be limited to how many twigs they can give out on a daily basis. But the twigs are a necessary treat and you can't give too many.

Back