are these products good for my chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmb223

hello all,
i know it has been a long time since i have been on churro is doing better then ever. my aunt just fond out that i have a chinchilla sos he decided to send him a care package.

bristle ball by critter ware
dandelion drops by vitakraft
honey treat by kaytee

Rule of thumb - if it's from Vitakraft or Kaytee, don't use it. For the most part, if it's from a pet store don't use it, unless it's shavings or very few kinds of food. Most chin owners on this site prefer to order from people who they knew they can trust when it comes to wood and treats for their chins.

Check the classified section if you want healthy treats. There is wood, rose hips, etc. available there.

The bristle ball is fine as it is just broom grass fibers... but it will probably be destroyed by your chin fairly quickly.

The dandelion drops and honey treat are not healthy. They are extremely high in fats and sugars and not appropriate for a chinchilla (even though they say chinchilla on the package).

i just put a lava ledge in yesterday and its half gone he chews threw everything sleepn ledges last maybe a month 2 if im lucky

None of the Super Pet lava products last long with my chins. They love the lava bites, ledges, dots, etc. and will chew through it in no time! Most of the pet store items are destroyed very quickly... and to me, it's very expensive to go through so much, so fast. For this reason, I buy my toys, wood, and other supplies in bulk and from sellers on here.

The wood that has lasted me the longest is manzanita. It is a hardwood... and the chins do still strip it clean, but it takes them much longer!

I am going to have to look into that then becuase I am constantly buying new ledges for him. I am now looking at getting him a new cage for christmas because I feel that their is not enough room for him in this cage and he needs more things to play with when I don't have him out.

I agree, I just bought a bunch of manzanita from PPBN (coins and sticks), it's definitely going to last long and all my chins show interest in that wood. Also a member here who has a store and member name by chinontherocks sells manzanita logs and ledges for a real good price.

Latest posts

Back