Are these acceptable?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightningturtle

Scooper of all the poops!
I've been looking into different treats, because who doesn't like spoiling their babies? How does the chin community feel about the following?:
dehydrated celery
broccoli, a rare baby carrot, and tiny pieces of sweet potato (my vet recommended these...)
dried parsley
carob beans
dehydrated leeks
dried bell peppers
dried bay leaves

I've found conflicting info on the vast majority of these on the interwebs, so I figured I would just ask you guys.

I personally don't give treats out, just hay / pellets to my chins. I would stick to what you see other members selling here and maybe do a search on CnH to find out what others have fed.

I'd stay away from the fresh veggies. There are some dried herbs that could be alright....dried parsley in a small amount would be alright, I'm not sure about the bay leaves. I give dried peppermint, dandelion, oregano and oat tops...those work out pretty well with the chinnies here.

The thing that is very important to keep in mind is that anything you give needs to be in small amounts. A treat amount of any thing is about 1/8th of a teaspoon or less.

Latest posts

Back