Are chin spins quiet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo

Chinnie Noob
I want to get my 2 girls chin spins but i was wondering if they are really loud? I have them in my other bedroom but it borders my bedroom and if its really loud I know that I would hear it. Anyone have this problem? Thanks

I agree. On my Ferret Nations I don't hear anything at all unless the bearing needs to be changed. On less sturdy cages though I often hear the cages rattling.

I have a ferret nation so I think it would be pretty sturdy, im going to go for it! Thanks

I think it all depends on the individual's definition of quiet. The chins are in my bedroom, and most nights I have no trouble sleeping through the noise of the wheel. I used to wake up, but now I've adjusted to it.

not sure about the Chin spin but the Silver surfer wheel is quiet, I have one in my FN cage in my bedroom and hardly ever hear it.

My chin spin is extremely loud but only because my girls run on it like they are fleeing a volcano. They actually bang the bottom of it against the cage and my cage is very sturdy. They love it so it doesn't bother me.

The two Chin Spins that I have mounted to solid wooden cages are super quiet. The two that I have mounted to metal cages do make a bit more noise but nothing significant. My chin room is downstairs, far away from my upstairs bedroom so I don't hear a thing when I shut the chin room door. In your case, maybe move the cages to the far end of the room and away from the adjoining wall. They are great wheels and the chins seem to really enjoy them.

Back