April 21, 2012 CA Spring Field Day - Frazier Park

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not be able to attend the show on Saturday. This is the first show I will miss since I started attending the CA shows. Someone very close to me has been in the hospital for 9 days and we are still battling through it. She is only 20 years old, we were told she had MS but now they have no idea. We also just found out something burst in her brain. It's been a very long process but she is starting to regain movement back in her left side.

I wish you all a great show and good luck! I will be thinking about you all and looking for updates as I'm in the hospital! See you all next time :)

Monique

Sending good thoughts for an uneventful recovery for your friend, Monique! Hopefully she has seen the worst of it and whatever it is will get a good kick in the butt from her immune system.

We're still set to open the hall at 7am and I will be there with some (free) breakfast items and lunch will be chips, sandwiches and some fruit! See everyone there and we will post updates whenever we get reception on our phones for those of you that can't make it!

sending good thoughts for an uneventful recovery for your friend, monique! Hopefully she has seen the worst of it and whatever it is will get a good kick in the butt from her immune system.

We're still set to open the hall at 7am and i will be there with some (free) breakfast items and lunch will be chips, sandwiches and some fruit! See everyone there and we will post updates whenever we get reception on our phones for those of you that can't make it!

Woo Hoo!!! (it won't let me use all caps -- what up with that???

Last edited:
Is there usually no cellular reception there?... What if there is a zombie chinchilla outbreak?... Now I am concerned...

Usually there is very little reception out there. I have AT&T so my reception is the pits everywhere...especially in the mountains. I know some people receive calls, but they usually have to walk around outside of the show hall to get reception.

crazy good time at the show! Sumi took gsc mute with a beige, shahna took rgsc with a HUGE bv female. Bill booker took gsc standard and shahna took rgsc with an awesome standard girl. Update more when i get home!

Ok! I have no pictures because I left my camera battery at school and therefore my camera does not function. We had about 90 animals at the show I think. I know there were 59 standards and probably about 40 or so mutations? I know there were a lot more animals there than we anticipated! We saw a lot of new faces and it was great to see so much interest in the show.

My 5 month old black velvet female took RCC and her 4 month old "nephew" took a 1st place! One of my standard males also took RCC and a bunch of nicer animals got knocked out of the running for CC and RCC because they were just out of condition compared to some of the animals up there.

We got to see a very nice blue diamond! It is a very interesting looking mutation. I personally don't think they look much different in person, but this one had really nice color.

I also brought home way more animals than I expected or wanted to bring home, but it's in with the new out with the old! Every major cull deserves a couple new, expensive chinchillas. ;)

I can't remember all the placings, but I am sure either Sumiko or Shahna will post as soon as they have some free time (busy ladies!).

Glad to hear the turn out was good. I'm still bummed I couldn't make it, but had some things at home to take care of. Hope everyone made it home safely.

Whenever I am excited to go somewhere, I can never seem to fall asleep... So I stayed awake all night, and drove to the show in the morning... I didn't even realize how fast I must have been driving, until I was asked how long the drive took... I made the 194 mile trip from San Diego to Frazier park in 2 hours and 15 minutes, including the stop by the gas station... Then, since GPS failed me, another few minutes finding Cuddy Hall... Eventually, I found the show (along with few people who were looking for the barn sale, which apparently was nearby)... I had a lot of fun and learned a lot... Though, I should have bought more raffle tickets... I wanted the mug...

Here are a few pictures from my cellular:

21042012006.jpg

21042012007.jpg

21042012008.jpg

Pocket's sister was in the show!! I showed her pictures of Pocket, and when I got home, showed Pocket these pictures:

21042012015.jpg

21042012013.jpg

Another very successful show. Thank you to all who came and helped out and showed support for our group.

There were a total of 103 animals (59 Standards and 44 Muts), which is a very nice turn out for a field day.

Maxine Lynch and Donna Reed were an amazing duo as the judges, and as always Rod provided us with loads of entertainment as MC.

RESULTS:

WHITES -
CC: Cornellia Kern
RCC: Summer Hale

SAPPHIRES -
CC: Summer Hale

VIOLETS -
CC: Diamond Blue
RCC: Jinn (bred by Sarah Ralston, RCR)

BEIGES -
CC: Sumiko De La Vega
RCC: Shahna Thomas

EBONY -
CC: Erika Panagabko

BLACK VELVET -
CC: Shahna Thomas
RCC: Tabitha Lindsay

GRAND SHOW CHAMPION - Sumiko De La Vega
RESERVE GRAND SHOW CHAMPION - Shahna Thomas

STANDARD CLASS 1 -
CC: Sumiko De La Vega
RCC: Nancy Gao

STANDARD CLASS 2 -
CC: Shahna Thomas
RCC: Erika Panagabko (bred by Diamond Blue)

STANDARD CLASS 3 -
CC: Nan Ebiner
RCC: Tabitha Lindsay

STANDARD CLASS 4 -
RCC: Sumiko De La Vega

STANDARD CLASS 5 -
RCC: Sumiko De La Vega

GRAND SHOW CHAMPION - Diamond Blue
RESERVE GRAND SHOW CHAMPION - Shahna Thomas

JUNIOR BREEDER AWARDS:

1st - Shahna Thomas
2nd - Sumiko De La Vega
3rd - Tabitha Lindsay
4th - Summer Hale
5th - Sandy Dumitru

Congrats to all! Gavin, you should have taken Pockets sister home with you.

Congrats to all! Gavin, you should have taken Pockets sister home with you.

If Lea were mine I'm sure he would have gone home with her. ;) Nancy is lucky to have such a beautiful and adorable little girl! I'm sure she will continue to grow into a beautiful lady. Don't worry though...Gavin wouldn't leave a chinchilla show I attended empty handed.:neener:

If Lea were mine I'm sure he would have gone home with her. ;) Nancy is lucky to have such a beautiful and adorable little girl! I'm sure she will continue to grow into a beautiful lady. Don't worry though...Gavin wouldn't leave a chinchilla show I attended empty handed.:neener:

I hope that won't always be the case... If I go to the same show for four or five years, I'd end up with too many chinchillas... But no, I definitely didn't leave the show empty handed:

21042012022.jpg

No Name is a violet...

I had a great time, as did my son. I would like to thank everyone for being so helpful and showing me the ropes. You guys are great. I still can't believe my girl got color class champion for the whites! Wooo Hooooo! You can bet that I will be attending more shows.

I had a great time, as did my son. I would like to thank everyone for being so helpful and showing me the ropes. You guys are great. I still can't believe my girl got color class champion for the whites! Wooo Hooooo! You can bet that I will be attending more shows.

This makes me incredibly happy! It was a joy having you guys there and I know you have some gorgeous chinnies to show! Can't wait to see you guys back again next year. ;)

I hope that won't always be the case... If I go to the same show for four or five years, I'd end up with too many chinchillas... But no, I definitely didn't leave the show empty handed

Let me clarify then...you're not leaving a show empty handed if I know you are "in the market" for something, lol. I've known you wanted a violet girl for a while and I'll keep in mind that you were interested in my extra dark ebony girl for when she has babies over the next year or two. :neener:

Ha... No clarification required... I am not exactly opposed to the idea of an abundance of chinchillas!!...

Back