Anyone tried resin casting jewelry?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gella

I've been bitten with yet another creative bug and I'm gonna start experimenting with resin jewelry - I think mostly molds and adding fun little bits suspended in the resin.

Does anyone here make resin jewelry or tried it? Wondering what the best brands are and if you have any good tips.

I've played around with epoxy to make custom charms & photo jewelry, but havent been able to find a decent supplier for resin compounds yet. None of the craft stores within an hour drive carry it, and anywhere I can find it online charges an arm & a leg for shipping.

If you find a decent resin compound, from either a national store, or online supplier that isnt too bad on shipping, I'd love to know about them. I've been dying to try resin jewelry too :)
~Barb~

I'm lucky and have a Michaels and AC Moore near me that both stock it - so I can price shop. Have you tried google shopping search to find some? I think Overstock.com had some of the Castin Craft brand, which both the stores carry for not too bad shipping.

I don't do it, but have always wanted to! There's some awesome pieces on Etsy, and I've just always wanted to try.

If you want to look for more tips, you can go to Etsy's forums and search for resin in the thread titles, and there's tons of threads on resin.

I will definitely be posting my experiments, though getting the supplies has been a little delayed until I bounce back from Specter's e-vet bills!

Latest posts

Back