Anyone feeding Kline's pellet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orionzenus

Dear all,

Can I know if anyone is feeding your little ones Kline's pellet?
Is there a website that I can place order for the pellets?

Thank you!

Carole Kessler hasn't had chins or sold feed (that I'm aware of) in at least four years...

Her email and phone # haven't worked in at least that long. Honestly not sure if she is still alive or not, she was not doing well when Ronda spoke to her last.

Bumping this question... my friend Jessi is in dire need of Kline pellets and Ann Ingram of Carolina Chinchillas is not answering her e-mails as usual...
Does anyone know of an alternate source for Kline Pellets? Jess doesn't need much, she only has 2 chins...

Ann Ingram of Carolina Chinchillas is not answering her e-mails as usual...
It's kind of a bummer to see a good feed die because they won't allow others to sell it. There is a long story behind it, but your friend may have to switch feeds.

I didn't know that anyone was still producing Kline pellets at all. I wish that it would become more available to people, it's a good pellet.

I've been using the Kline pellets and supplements since 2002. I buy them from a woman who gets them directly from Carole Kessler. In my ten years of feeding my chins Kline, I've always been able to get them in a timely manner and never had to switch to another feed. In fact, I've just placed an order for 27 lbs and should receive them in a few weeks. It's a great diet and I hope to continue feeding it for many more years. I understand from my supplier that Carole Kessler's daughter will continue to provide Kline to her mother's customers.

Last edited:
I wonder if they would be willing to have it milled over here in the western US or freight larger amounts...that could be a good option for chin owners on this side of the country to have. Honestly, I thought that they stopped milling it way back. I remember back in 97 when a lot of breeders were using it or starting to use it, but it seems like it just went away or something shortly after that.

I wonder if they would be willing to have it milled over here in the western US or freight larger amounts...
Nope, Ronda tried to buy the feed when she bought Carole's herd. Alice Kline's daughter holds the recipe and she and Carole are the only ones "allowed" to have it made. Carole did offer to ship several tons but it was beyond expensive (I want to say $60/50lb) 7 years ago when Ronda pursued it.

I've tried to get them to ship me some for years and they never follow through. It seems like they just stick with their existing customer base, but they have been falling behind in orders for the last year or so. They ship overseas and we've been hearing from their asian customers that they are not getting their shipments on time or even getting contacted back lately so a few have started ordering from Ronda instead.

Maybe if someone could get ahold of Carole or her daughter in person they would have better luck with them. If you do, see if you can get the herd's pedigrees while you are at it.... lol.

I know this is probably extremely late, but I know Lyn Shuster in Orlando, FL sells the kline pellets. I can't promise that she will ship large bags but I do know she drives to NC to get them. If you contact her, maybe you could work something out. She is my go to for pellets. Hope this is useful for someone haha

Back