Anyone ever. . . ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moon

Seymore Fuzzbutts
Has anyone ever had kits born with no eyes? I hadn't until this past week, and had a set of girls born. Neither one has eyes that I can see. Just curious how common that is.

I had that one, he had tiny eyes, but they were there. My little on didn't make it, but it was a first time mom, so that maybe added to it?

Out of curiosity what color are they ( the kits)

They are pure standard kits, and they are doing great. Gaining weight and running around like any other kit. They are only about a week old maybe but seem to be thriving. The smallest one was 27 grams at birth and the larger one was somewhere around 46 I think. I was concerned about the little one just because of her size, but she's fine, and comfortably in the 30s now. As far as I can tell they have eye sockets (extremely small eye sockets), but I can't see any eyes as of yet. I don't want to mess with them too much and end up injuring them as they eye sockets are SO small. I guess I'll just let them grow and see what happens. . . just thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone had the same experience.

edited to add: I just read through the other thread. I'm sorry you lost your little kit Riven. Oh, and just as a sidenote, mine was a first time mom who is a little older as well - she had been in with a male that I think is sterile, and as soon as I intro'd her to another male she was pregnant.

Last edited:
I had/have a dwarf female that the first day we thought she had no eyes. They are very very tiny but there. She is prone to eye infections

Latest posts

Back