Anyone ever heard of this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillachris

Student of my chinchillas
Hi guys,
I own two of these Super Pet Tree Trunk houses. The Super Pet website says that the houses "are made from a unique combination of recycled plastic and wood that is completely pet safe." (You can find the description here: http://www.superpetusa.com/product-list/natural-tree-trunk-hideout-large.htm). I was wondering, has anyone ever heard of this type of pet safe chewable material? Do you guys think it's really chinchilla safe?

I would think that it's like a lot of things listed as pet safe, it's still not safe to eat. They can say it's pet safe since it's not intended to be chewed up and ingested, the description doesn't say that it's chewable. But who knows it could be made out of edible plastic too. I'd just stick to the wood houses, something I know is safe.

I would stay away from it. Make your own wooden houses...they are so much cheaper to make out of much better quality materials! There's so much at the petstores that the chins don't need that they try to convince us we do need. Chins are actually pretty simple to please. I know that wood and metal houses are received very well by chins here...they don't seem to care that they are shaped like tree stumps. ;)

Latest posts

Back