anyone else got a chin that like to sit in pee?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby and Elmo

My toffee likes to sit in her own pee after peeing, I use fleece liners for the girls, Muffins's not having any problems with pee stains, but Toffee, shes all yellow on the base of her tail, sometimes when I pick her up, I can feel its still wet, not soaked, just wet, I am afraid it might cause skin problems or fungus in the long run, when its wet like that, I usually wipe her with a dry tissue, don't know anything else I can use.
I do put corn starch into her bathe twice a week.
anything else I can do to keep her cleaner?
I don't mind so much the pee coloring underneath her, its more on the hygienic side.
thank you.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

well, I've seen her use the toilet, and go to a corner to pee so I don't think she has any issues there.
but I have noticed that she doesn't lift her bee-hind as much as my other chins, so don't know if that's the problem.
and the fleece sometimes doesn't soak up the pee fast enough.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My Athena used to sit in her pee when we first got her. If she's young, it's possible that she just hasn't picked up on it yet. Because eventually she just realized that if she squatted instead of sitting all the way down, she didn't have that spot on her and she's been fine ever since. (Never uses the bathroom not in her cage, or not on her bedding hah)

Maybe you could try to toilet train her. That way she might have a better chance of not staining herself and you won't have to wash your fleece as often as now?

Latest posts

Back