Any Tax Professionals Out There?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gella

I'm looking for some advice for my small business.
It was originally a partnership and in December my partner and I decided she wasn't going to actually contribute and so I changed to sole proprietor. I did so with my EIN, and updated trade name with the state of NH. Is there anything else I'm missing. I'm filing a 1065 for 2008 taxes, any other IRS paperwork I should worry about?

Thanks!!!

I'm by no means a professional, but I do know that for sole proprietorship's you file a 1040 Schedule C. So for 2008 were you a partnership the whole time and are now changing to a sole proprietorship for 2009?

Yes I finished out the year as the partnership to make it easier - so that's the 1065.

You have to go to your state's division of corporations website and then you should be able to get some contact numbers to help you. I just started a corp. in Fl. and it was very easy. I know I always feel better making sure I am doing the right thing though, instead of worrying all year!

Latest posts

Back