Any rescues interested in participating?

• Thread starter brittanycrystal
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

brittanycrystal

I am going to be starting an online store offering fleece products in the next few months. My intent is to save money to help myself through college, and I'd feel greedy if I didn't share in some way. So I created an idea, 10 percent of each item sold will be donated to one of two (to begin with) rescues, chosen by the customer at check-out. My only requirements of the rescues chosen is that they have a website, camera, and a donation account with paypal.

The only catch in the deal is that Id like to donate a full fleece set from each themed line to a rescue in exchange for photos of their animals testing the sets out.

Ill work out the details with the individual rescues that contact me, and any rescues that would like to join this endeavor can be added to the shops donation program when more fleece product lines are added. I'll have a waitlist set up.

Thank you, e-mail [email protected] if you are a rescue interested in this program.

i think that is a wonderful, thoughtful, generous, and unselfish thing to do, i know how expensive college is and how much strain it could be and even then you are still willing to help others less fortunate i think its a great project, i have adopted a rescue and taken in a few from people i know that cannot take or handle the chin any longer but they have charmed my heart and will not be leaving here.

i would love to participate in this and i will gladly suggest when you get up and going good luck and i hope everything works out for you, this post has put a smile on my face and made my night. thank you

Thank you so much! That was such a heart warming response. I can't take from the community without giving back, and I know it is so important that rescues have the supplies and funds to take in animals because many shelters don't have the means to keep exotic animals.

As of right now, I have 2 adopted rescues for the shop. I'll be adding more as I add more products. I'll also have a rescue referral page, and I'll be making random surprise fleece donations to rescues throughout the year.

As an additionally note: For the third incorporated adopted rescue, I am looking for a general small animal rescue, particularly one taking in hedgies, ferrets, sugar gliders, etc. Thank you guys! Remember Ill be keeping a waitlist for participating rescues, if you'd like to be added just email me!

If you get multiple rescues who'd like to participate, why not rotate around what rescues you have up to choose at any given time?

That is my plan actually, my goal is provide donations per month that will geniunely help the rescue they go to. As of right now, I have a very large rescue and a medium to large rescue in on the program. As the site gets up and going I'll be able to see what kind of donations I'm generating.

To give you a clarification as to how this will work, is the rescue recieves my product in exchange for a photo of their rescued animal with said product. When said product is purchased 10 percent of the purchase price is donated to the rescue by the customer. I'll round that donation up monthly and transfer the donation to the rescues paypal account. Since I'll provide different sizing and style options for other breeds of animal, everyone will get a chance to participate.

For instance, say I'm adding a new line or guinea pig section etc, I'll advertise my need for the specific participant (like a rescue or guinea pig rescue) and they will join the program.

My overall hope is to generate an even amount of support to each participating rescue based on their size, amount of animals, and need financial need. When certain things happen, like a rescue takes on a large amount of animals during natural disaster etc, I'll add a page for that rescue for donating money and supplies, and I'll swap over most if not all donations to the rescue in need.

The store's picture program's purpose is to not only help, but advertise available adoptables while providing some information about the rescue. The whole program has to be established, but I will adopt a great variety of participants. But even when I don't have the means to donate to multiple rescues, I'll link to and advertise any rescue interested.

To give a brief version of that explanation (since I just looked at that and realized it was terribley long), I will be cycling through rescues, the greater participation by rescues on the site will be ones with many animals and little support. So assuming my idea helps, these rescues will adopt out more animals lessening their need and opening up an opportunity for another rescue to take over dedicated items.

To break it down: An adoptable animal (or 2 or 3) will be in a photo with a product. The 10 percent of that item goes to that rescue. When the photographed animals are adopted, that item becomes available to a different adoptable animal. I think this program will provide a fair useful service.

As the community, how do you feel about this program?

My question was:
Are you sending the item to the rescue then when they adopt the animal who is using it your are asking them to send the item to Another rescue so they may use the fleece item or are you asking that they use the fleece item on another animal in their rescue?

Bc I know as a rescue I will send whatever key item the animal loves the most with that animal say it be a bed, wood toy, house ect.

Just wondering bc if you were asking the rescues to send the supplies to another one I personally would think it would make more sense to allow them to use it on another animal and once you have donated the item to them they can use it in whatever way they need to - to help with the rescue.

-Just my ideas I saw how no one else responded. And I am not saying you should run your donations a certain way or not as they are your donations to choose how to give out just throwing in some Q's and ideas.

To give a brief version of that explanation (since I just looked at that and realized it was terribley long), I will be cycling through rescues, the greater participation by rescues on the site will be ones with many animals and little support. So assuming my idea helps, these rescues will adopt out more animals lessening their need and opening up an opportunity for another rescue to take over dedicated items.

To break it down: An adoptable animal (or 2 or 3) will be in a photo with a product. The 10 percent of that item goes to that rescue. When the photographed animals are adopted, that item becomes available to a different adoptable animal. I think this program will provide a fair useful service.

As the community, how do you feel about this program?

I won't ask that rescues relay items, the items given will be there's to keep. And Ill make a brand new item for each animal added on my website. The rescues can keep and reuse what they're given, or give it away if it's an adopted chin's favorite. And if that were the case they could contact me and say they adopted out an animal and passed their cage accessory along, im sure I could easily replace it for them =]

My plan is both providing new cage accessories and a donation.

Thank you for responding!

Latest posts

Back