Another question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ande

Should I be changing their water everyday as well as their food? Or just wait until it gets low to refill?

Sure you can. It doesn't hurt to change their water every day. I usually go every couple days to dump and top off in between, but I also have 150 water bottles and that makes a bit of a difference. :)

I change the water daily because water that sits can grow bacteria and I am an obsessive germaphobe... The food I do every other day because that's how fast mine go through their bowls. Still, you don't want to let the water sit too much! :thumbsup:

Okay thanks for the info! The water hasn't been sitting out to much maybe two-three days but will be changed today as well the food.

i change it everyday...like oxchincerelyxo said...bacteria can accumulate in still water...but i only have one chin...so it's easier lol...i also change the food daily...sometimes twice daily...depending if she decided to use her container as a potty....or if there are only broken pieces left...or obviously is she eats a lot and there is not a lot left...

I change water every day to every other day. I only fill them up with about 2 inches of water so that I'm not wasting a ton of water.

Latest posts

Back