and now... a LUMP

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always good to see a positive update. Hopefully the culture will come back with positive news as well.

Miss Satin was a touch huffy this morning... last night too. But did a good job of taking her meds and snuggling. We went to the vet, me still in my gloves, with extra shirt and laundry bag. She had her tube removed... at first was NOT into the idea of someone fiddling with her more. But settled in and did a very good job of sitting still. The tube came out nice and clean. We're still supposed to give her the oral Baytril until it's gone and flush the hole until it's healed.

We received word back on the culture: it didn't grow a single bad thing. Her vet commented that, sometimes, it turns out to be sterile pus -- the bacteria died, but the pus remained! Happy, happy, joy, joy. No more gloves for Miss Satin.

After we returned home. Hedgiedaddy reached into her carrier without gloves and held her while I stroked her quills without gloves. Oh, it's been so long... Too long... My little girl :heart3: I touched my little girl again!!!!

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:​

Oh my gosh. That is such wonderful news. I am tearing up here thinking of how thrilled you all must be to be able to touch and be touched. YAAAAY!

Now this is simply the best news of the day. Yeh! Sterile pus, such wonderful words.

With grand huffiness at the vet's today, all remaining stitches were removed and Satin is cleared to wheel again!!!!

I think it went well. I was a little worried that she might have forgotten to even bother to look for her wheel, but found it used by morning. Mommy has to start cleaning two wheels every day again.

She didn't tromp through her messies too much, but I gave her a foot/underside bath anyhow since she's not 100% healed - a little scabby underneath where the stitches were. Her vet (maybe should mention that she has tag-team vets) said as long as I made sure to clean her up, and keep an eye on it, it should be fine. I'll give her a little better look-over tonight (she's more of an evening snuggler than morning-hog). But, for now, am optimistic that I'll be putting her wheel back in tonight too.

ETA: A funny... since learning that hedgies are named Satin Mirranda Hufflepuff and Tex Buckaroo Hufflepuff, her vet donned a Harry Potter Hufflepuff House tie for the stitch removal yesterday.

Latest posts

Back