After doc appt today--Lisa news

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
On Monday the news we received of Lisa's cancer spreading was bleak and dismal and as most of you know made us realize the finality of Lisa's disease. I didn't suffer this news alone as MANY of you responded to my post as well as PM'd me--thank you for that.

This is what we learned today at the doctor's appointment. Dr Mullane said 8 months is a very long time to go without progression so the drug did work for a long time. He thought it would be a shorter period than 8 months. That's good news. Despite the fact Lisa's cancer has spread to liver and kidneys she still has good functioning organs and her counts are good--thats' good news. The new drug she will be receiving Gemzar (I believe could be spelling it wrong) has milder side effects and she most likely won't be as fatigued which is also good news. She is filing for social security disability and work disability and can get social security disability as long as she doesn't exceed x amount from work--which is also good news. If this new drug does not work there is still another drug they would choose to treat her with--again good news.

The bad news things are--she can't have radiation for the lesions in her kidney and liver. She will always have the cough she does because she has a tumor in her lung--although today was the first time he came out and said that's why she has the cough. Because she has this cough she is pulling muscles in her side from coughing so much and yesterday she was in the Emergency room in immense pain. They did give her morphin and sent her home with Advil 600 mg--none of this pain has to do with liver bleeding or pneumonia which they were worried about--but when she coughs she cries because it hurts so much--that's very bad news.

Lisa has agreed to part of a study and even though this study drug may not help her it will pave the way for curing breast cancer in the future.

After the doctor's appointment today Lisa, Lynelle and my mom felt better. Dr Mullane has assured Lisa and our family that he will tell us when the time has come when treatment is not an option and again he said, "Today is not that day"

I know how difficult it is for everyone to hear this news of Lisa--you have all shown wonderful support and compassion--but I will continue to let everyone know what is going on.

Thank you all for your love and support for me, my beautiful sister Lisa, and my family--you are a great group of friends!

HI Lan. My prayer will be with you and yours. I have a cousin going through this right now too. I told her about Lisa. SHe said to let you know to tell Lisa she is prayin also. How you guys are doing it I don't know. But maybe we can all give each other one little ounce more strength. I wish I knew you so I could be more help. ALl I can do is say I will pray.

So glad to hear some good news Laurie. I am always praying for her and hoping for a miracle.

Oh dear. I am so very sorry Laurie. :(

Her situation sounds a lot like my Opas, since they cannot operate or use radiation on his tumors in his liver/colon.

I'm praying for you, Lisa and your family. xoxox.

TODAY IS NOT THE DAY! TODAY IS NOT THE DAY! Just keep repeating that Laurie. Hugs to you all and know that you guys are a part of my daily prayers.

Hugs, your family and you will continue to be in my thoughts.

Surround your sister with love and live each day to the fullest. Don't give the cancer any power with sadness and regrets - kill it with the desire to live. I am so sorry your familly has to go through this and you and your family will be in my prayers.

I am continually amazed at the great courage Lisa, as well as you and the rest of your family, has shown throughout all of this! I pray for nothing but the best for all of you and that you will be able to maintain your strength in this time of struggle!

Keep everyone positive. The more positiveness she has around her it can seem all that much more hopeful. Like Deena said Today is not the day!

Today is not the day and tomorrow is not either. I still want my girl CnH sleepover. In honor of Lisa. We can all put pink streaks in our hair and drink margaritas! I think that would be the most fun ever.

Latest posts

Back