Acidophilus

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NommyCakes

If I were to purchase this because my chinchilla has soft poop, which kind do I buy? The kid one or the full sized adult one? Can anybody be specific with the size and the strength of the pill that is safe for chins?

You want the highest count of bacteria that you can find. I found a 13 billion count at the Vitamin Shoppe. Also you need a capsule that has the powder inside, so you can pull apart the capsule and dump the powder on your chinchillas food. You can also mix up a small amount of Critical Care and add the acidophilus to it then syringe feed it. That is a good way of getting a good amount in the chin. I'm sure other members will inform us of other ways to give acidophilus.

You can also sprinkle it on a mini shredded wheat.

Get the highest billion count available. Normally the high potency ones are in the refrigerated section. The shelf-stable ones are normally lower count.

This is a good question. I found acidophilus tablets, and the highest I could find was 1 billion at the grocery store. Chloe just eats the tablets, I give her usually half of one every once in a while. The other ingredients in it are cellulose, silicon dioxide, modified cellulose gum and magnesium stearate. There's no sugar added and has 50 mg dicalcium phosphate per tablet in it.

I wonder if this is ok...? And also what the suggested amount of acidophilus is and if those capsules have any other ingredients in them?

Back