A not so new owner with new chinchillas!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see if i can get these pictures to post correctly..

Before posting the cages, i jsut wanna include two of my boys favorite perch spot, before it was taking out. /cry

Chico_05.jpg

^^ Chicos all time perch and scratch spot.

Houdini_02.jpg

^^ Houdini in the perch stance that chico made famous :D

I jsut got done laying out this whole section and i accidently hit Esc key, theirby deleteing it all :banghead:

So lets try this again.

-----

As for the cages.

BothCages_02.jpg

^^ thats the two of them. The one on the right is Father Chico's, and first son Houdini's cage.
The one on the left was Sophies cage. But currently its seperated into two cages. With Sophie on the bottem, and the two male kits on the top.

I jsut got done changeing around sophie and the kits cage around as well. I also recently switched to aspin bedding. I just added the wheel to sophies cage. I jsut realized i dont have a wodden support for underneath but it still works. I would like to get her the larger version, (the size in chico/houdinis cage) but that one was half the price. Its also only an inch or so shorter so its not like shes loseing out or anything. It took her all of 3 seconds to hop up on it and start to fly~~

I also moved her hammok up to the kits cage, since sophie pretty much ignored it. Also had to make room for the wheel. I would have put the hammok on the underside of the shelf, but the fleece lining covers any area it could attach to.

The two large huts were custom made here, each have a fleece lining (except sophies now) and they have a large fleece pillow inside. Since the pillow and hut went with sophie, i kept the fleece lineing with the kits, and gave them the old small hut.

The fleece lining on chicos and houdinis cage however, as im sure u can see, is saggin quite a bit. Houdini realized when he was a kit that he could climb the bars and jsut barly fit between the fleece lineing and the bottem of the shelf. So with his weight added on, its started to sag a bit. But he loves it. Uses almsot every single day to sleep in.

-----

Sophie_Kits_Cage.jpg

^^ A slightly more close up of sophie and the kits cage.

Chico_Houdinis_Cage.jpg

^^ Chico and houdinis cage

Dont mind the stuff on the top of the cages. Its jsut a storage area. No where else to put it.

The cardboard slabs in the background were an attempt to keep them from chewing the walls. The ducttape is out of their reach. Of course it was hard to find good enough ducttape that would stay stuck to them walls. I swear... And in case anyone ever finds them selves shoping for some ducttape, they actuly have a DUCK TAPE off brand kind.. dont get it lol. Its horrible.

-----

Also worth mentioning, the cages are clsoer together right now to allow chico and houdini to get face to face with the kits in a more controlled risk free envirenment when im not around. However their is a cardboard slab on sophies half of the cage to prevent the males from being able to see her. As they would go crazy.

Well.. with the two new kits seeming to be female, i reintroduced them to their mommy Sophie. They are about 3 months old, and had only been seperated for a month or so. So when they were out together, they got along jsut fine.

I redid their cage, makeing it a single two story cage again (had been seperated; top and bottem) And the three of them are together getting along great so far. Im also happy for sophie. She was alone down their once the kits were seperated. And she was starting to look rly depressed latly with no company. Theyve also got more room now with two stories. So now my girls cage is set up the same way my males cage is (males is the one on the right in that double shot up their^)

And btw, once the ktis found out they could get between the shelf fleece liner, and the bottem of the shelf, and use it liek a hammok; they never came out lol. They were in that every single night to sleep. Just liek their older brother houdini in the other cage lol.

i would post photos of the genitalia of the kits, since you first thought they were male, now you are saying they are female. we will be able to help you verify the genders. don't need momma inbreeding with her kits if they are male!

Back