A breakthrough with Phoenix..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aneesa's Muse

Today was a very special day for many reasons, but particularly because Phoenix and I shared a really cool little "moment" this morning.

We get up pretty early for prayer.. before sunrise.. and Phoenix is always awake about that time too. Sometimes, I let him out to play while I read in bed ..and sometimes I go back to sleep :p ...but today, I let him out for a bit (in spite of the snoring hubby tucked snuggly in the covers next to me).

Phoenix had a bath ..romped around a bit ..and then he heard hubby's purring, so he hopped on over there to investigate. He sat just behind hubby's head, on his pillow, pawing ..haha... at the lump that was purring. He looked sooo curious about this noise ..but no hubby buddy that he could see.

Hubby didn't budge with all of Phoenix's efforts, so Phoenix decided to bathe some more and randomly come and visit with me. He'd bounce over and perch on my knee, while I scritch his good spots ..he even raises up his little arm and lets me scritch the belly some now. He's so cute!!

After awhile, I started hearing this very faint little "coo" or "beep" ..more coo than beep ..but just barely audible (over the snoring.. err, purring.. s'cuse me). When Phoenix came back and perched on one hand/arm while I scritched, I leaned in a little and really listened for the noise again. I heard it again! This time, I made my own little "coo" noise and Phoenix perked up really alert, leaned into my face and rubbed my nose and lips with his. He did this about 3 or 4 times...

...and left me a big ol' puddle of gooo and awww. It was such a sweet gesture, it just melted me over and over :heart:

I love that noise too! We need pictures of your dear Phoenix. I want to see how he is doing! It's been faaaarrr tooo long.

What you're describing sounds exactly like when Pip was my one and only and I was his world. He was so affectionate and would sit on the back of the couch, play with my hair, nibble my ears and groom me. I miss those days.

Then I introduced him to two bonded boys and he seemed to enjoy interacting with them. And then I brought the fourth boy home and Pip gave the Grey Boys the boot and now he grooms Feeney like he used to groom me. *sniffle*.

Wow it sounds like Phoenix has come a long way. What a great interaction and moment for you!

I've been following Phoenix's new life with you, and that is just such a great moment you had with him. I'd also love to see new pics of him.

Back