50 lbs for 5 chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally for non-breeding rabbits, I would stick to timothy hay based pellets. Alfalfa pellets are richer and good for young rabbits and breeding does.

Thanks :) I am doing that ... Im staying with Oxbow bunny (Timothy based)

Alfalfa based pellets are better for rabbits and guinea pigs, up to one year of age and breeding does and sows, because it has the necessary calcium that young ones need for growing strong healthy bones and eyes, etc and that breeding sows and does need for the pregnancy. Once they reach the age of 1 though, it is advised to switch over to a timothy based pellet, because of the increased risk of kidney stones and bladder stones.
I have 3 guineas who are on a timothy based diet and get alfalfa/timothy cubes to chew on, along with their timothy hay. I also did the same with my rabbits, when I had them.

with 7 chins I go through 50lbs in 2-3 months :D. Mine love food and i toss the pellets every morning for fresh stuff even if there is some left.

I get #25 Nature Wise (rabbit) Premium Timothy pellets for less than $10 at a Big R store. I used to buy #50 but it went stale fast, like old potato chip I assume. I know when it is getting stale...they dig and toss it out of the bowl. I use those oversized Glad or Zip-lock bags, they make them like idk 2ftx4ft

Back