2013 WI MCBA Regional Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had great response from our membership on trophy sponsorship and currently have the following trophies still available:
Res Champ male
Res Champ female
Standard Breeder
Beige Breeder
Ebony Breeder

Any junior members (under 18) out there that are coming and showing? We haven't had a junior breeder for awhile and will be happy to have a trophy available if I know we have participants.

We also have baby derby trophies at our show :D

Oh I'm so excited I logged back on in time to see this! We are going to have to come out for the show...I have been missing everyone and missing chinchillas. Won't have anyone to show but maybe I can bring someone home with me!!

I am good!! I graduated college, got married and had a baby - and in the meantime my last three chinchillas grew up and passed away. I'm exciting for the show and excited to get another pair - but just ONE pair this time! :)

How are you guys??

Wow - I guess it's been awhile since we've seen you! lol
Congrats on getting married and the baby! Wow! I'm getting old.. I remember when... ;)

Busy, busy, busy here... A barn full of chins still. Opened my own gift shop about 5 years ago and trying to keep it open through the stinky economy issues. Hoping things are turning around as this year has been a bit busier. Working three other part time jobs to try and keep up. Would be nice to not have to do that anymore.. whew! lol

Last call for trophy sponsors. I plan on ordering trophies this week. I have Standard and Beige breeder awards left.

The show's getting closer! Are you ready??
Who's all coming?

We are looking for side dishes and desserts for our pot-luck lunch. The chapter will provide a main dish - I think BBQ this year - plates, buns, napkins, utensils, breakfast snacks. If you would like to participate, please let me know what you are bringing so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks! See you all soon!!

I will bring a dessert of some kind Brenda since I will be travelling.

Who is planning on coming to this show? Less than 10 days away, I am not prepared at all but I am very excited!

Thanks, Juanita! That is much appreciated!
I've heard from about 13 breeders so far and several that are just coming up to watch. It sounds like it should be a great show.
I am barely prepared myself, but getting excited to see everyone again, and their beautiful chins!

Here are a couple of 'paintings' my chins did for the raffle. An old male - Gulliver - did one, and 'Runt' the smallest in a litter of triplets did the other.
Water-based, non-toxic paints were used and the chins were cleaned up well afterward. We got the idea from the zoo I have worked at for 18 years who do this as fund raisers with their animals, including penguins and red pandas.
Each painting has a small chinchilla stamp in the corner (not yet done in these pictures) and is sprayed with a finish coat.

If you can't make it to the show and would like to purchase raffle tickets, pm me for my Paypal address. Tickets are $1 each and 6 for $5.

Attachments

• 101_4981.jpg
    101_4981.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 101_4975.jpg
    101_4975.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 101_4976.jpg
    101_4976.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 101_4979.jpg
    101_4979.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 12
Positive thinking, Nicole! That's what it takes! ;)

Sorry you won't be there Kristy. This is a first, I think!

Congratulations to all involved. It looks like it was a great show with almost 200 very nice animals shown.

Grand Show Juanita Hendryx

Reserve Grand Show Brenda Walter

I heard more but my old feeble mind can not remember all the details for sure.

Congratulations to Juanita Hendryx on her GRAND SHOW Black Female at the WI Show yesterday!

Full results:

Grand Show - Juanita Hendryx - Black female
Reserve Grand Show - Brenda Walter - Beige male

Champion female of show - Hendryx -black
Reserve - Walter - ebony
Champion male of show - Walter - beige
Reserve - Ritterspach - ebony

Whites - Female: CH Ritterspach, Res Ritterspach
Male: CH Hendryx, Res Broene
Sapphire - Female: CH Torgerson, Res Ritterspach
Male: Ritterspach, Res Ritterspach
Violet - Female: CH Ritterspach, Res none
Male: CH Walter, Res Ryerson
Beige - Female: CH Lemler, Res Walter
Male: CH Walter, Res Walter
Standard - Female: CH - Miller, Res Ryerson
Male - CH Miller, Res Ryerson
Black - Female: CH Hendryx, Res Ryerson
Male: CH Torgerson, Res Fauber
Ebony - Female: CH Walter, Res Hendryx
Male: CH Ritterspach, Res Walter

Breeder awards:
White 1st Ritterspach, 2nd Hendryx
Violet Walter
Beige Walter
Standard 1st Ryerson, 2nd Zawilinski, 3rd Fauber, 4th Miller, 5th Lemler, 6th Hendryx, 7th Walter
Ebony Walter

I was only able to get a few pictures at the end of the show.

Attachments

• 101_5020.jpg
    101_5020.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 101_5016.jpg
    101_5016.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 101_5019.jpg
    101_5019.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 101_5015.jpg
    101_5015.jpg