2013 WI MCBA Regional Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenda

MCBA & ECBC Member
Save Oct 12, 2013 for the WI MCBA Regional show!
Barneveld Legion Hall
Barneveld, WI

Judge TBA

More details to follow! :D

WOO HOO!!!

I've been on airfare alert for months. Unfortunately, it's Homecoming for the Badgers AND they're playing Northwestern, which I'm guessing is a pretty strong rivalry.

Rates are over $300 and have been for months. I'm hoping they'll add some flights as the ones showing now fill up...

I may have to fly into Milwaukee or Chicago...anyone want to pick me up and carpool *cough* Laurie and Sandi *cough* ??? I had a blast with the two of you the first year I went!!!

I'm happy to help pay for gas and provide plenty of free entertainment!!! ;)

Last edited:
Ugh! Now that my kid is in high school I'm not liking that her activities are messing with the only chin show I want to go to. Lynn, my daughter's band competitions are the same time frame as the chin show so I won't know until the beginning of the school year when the band director hands out the competition schedule, whether or not I will be able to make it to this show :(.

UPDATE!
Our judge has been picked! Gene Adcock will be coming out from California to judge our fall show this year! :D

Sweetness...Brenda put me down for donations for the raffle. I'll increase the raffle donation for this year to 2 houses and 2 toy & treat basket. Also bring the usual chips and dip.
Do you know if Gene will have dust to sell? I'm running pretty low now.
Ohhhh I also want to do a vendor table to sell toys.

Here are details for the October show.
If you would like to advertise in the show book, please let us know soon. I'll check with Brent about a deadline,as he puts together the show book, but I know he has a business trip planned in Sep, so the sooner the better.
And, please let me know if you are interested in bringing a dish to pass for lunch and what you are bringing, so I can plan accordingly.
Thanks! And hope to see you all in October!!! :D

Attachments

• 2013WI Show ad.jpg
    2013WI Show ad.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 30
Looks like I won't be able to make it this year either :( boo.
Longing for the times when this show was on the first Saturday in October. ;)

Looking like I'll be able to make it. Will bring a raffle (just need to think of what)...What dishes are people already bringing?

Sorry about the change in weekends. The hall gave our day to someone else last year and Brent booked this year for the second Sat at the last show. The fella that's in charge now is a lot harder to work with than the last one.

Yes, on Friday night. We have the hall Friday night, but not Saturday night. If you need housing Sat night, I will help figure something out. I could possibly keep them in my barn.

Sorry about the change in weekends. The hall gave our day to someone else last year and Brent booked this year for the second Sat at the last show. The fella that's in charge now is a lot harder to work with than the last one.

Thanks Brenda... I'm just bummed that my kids marching band competitions are getting in the way of my fun ;))

I am trying to make it this year if possible. Of course it all depends on the work load at the time.

Well that sucks Sandy!!! I haven't seen you in way too long. I miss that first weekend, too, because of the Troll Festival. :(

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the damned airfare for $316!!! Last year it was only $241. Like I said, I've been watching the fares since LAST October, since I knew when it would be this year, and it's never been less than that except for a Frontier combo that made me leave at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday morning. I wouldn't even have been able to go out for dinner and have any fun, because I would have had to get up at 3:30 to get to the airport.

This year, I'm going to House on The Rock, I saw someone post about it and found out that it's only about 30 miles from Mt. Horeb!!!

I'm so glad that I'll be able to see my Midwestern Chinnie friends!!! I'm counting the days...

Got to love watching them airfares! Did some of that myself lately and finally broke down and bought my ticket this week.

If anyone is interested in sponsoring a trophy or having an ad in the show book, please let me know asap. We will be working on putting together the show book soon and I would like to get trophies ordered in a couple of weeks.

Right now, all trophies are available. Message me if you have QUESTIONS. Thanks!! :D

Back