2013 M.C.B.A. National Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Queen Becky, Ruler of Purpleland
M.C.B.A. 2013 National Live Animal Show

March 16, 2013

Place: 4-H Building Auburn, Indiana

Motels:

La Quinta: 306 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 920-1900
Holiday Inn Express: 404 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 925-1900
Quality Inn: 225 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 925-6363
Days Inn: 1115 West 7th St, Auburn (260) 925-1316
Super 8 Motel: 503 Ley Drive, Auburn (260) 927-8800
Hampton Inn 1020 Smaltz Way, Auburn (260) 925-1100
Comfort Suites: 137 West 15th Street (260) 920-7600

Judges: Jim Ritterspach Ohio
Brenda Walter Wisconsin
Rich Ryerson Ohio

Show Chairperson: Ron Hummel [email protected]
Banquet Chair: Pam Kleman [email protected]
Auction Chair: Becky West [email protected]
Raffle Chair: Jan Ryerson [email protected]

Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.

Grooming: 6:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.

Costs: Live animals: $5.00

There will be a $10.00 charge for those attending, and not showing animals. Show books are $5.00, if showing less than 5 animals or pelts.

Vender table: $15.00 (Contact Becky West to reserve a table.)

Classification: 9:30 a.m. live animals

Animals and MUST be ready to be classified or they will not be included in the show.

Live Animal Show: 10:30 a.m.

Lunch and Banquet: Banquet at 7:00 p.m.
Lunch around noon

Auction Rules:

1. Animals entered in the show may be included in the auction.

2. Animals not entered in the show will be caged and displayed in a specially marked area. Animals must be caged by the start of the live animal show, and remain caged until the end of the auction.

3. The fee for entering an animal in the auction is $5.OO. There is no additional fee for animals entered in the show.

4. When entering an animal, the owner must indicate a selling price. Once caged, and a price set, the animal may not be withdrawn from the auction.

5. Cage numbers and prices will be listed on a large board. Anyone interested in bidding on an animal will talk to the people at the claiming table. The first bid must be for the price listed. Further bids will be in increments of $10 or more.

6. The National organization will retain ten percent of the final sale price.

7. All animals will be paid for and claimed through the claiming table.

Show Rules:

Live Animals: Limit 20 in each color section.

Master Breeder Award:

Awards will be given in each color section providing there are 10 or more entries in that section. An exhibitor must enter at least 5 in a color section and average 3rd place (min. 15 pts) to be eligible for
Color Section Breeders Award. Total points accumulated for all entries per rancher apply for the Master Breeder’s Award. Exhibitor must show a minimum of 30 animals to be eligible or the Master Breeder’s Award.

Trophies will also be given for Grand Show, Reserve Grand Show, Best Pelt of Show, Second Best Pelt of Show and High Point Pelt Award.

Junior Breeder Award:

A trophy will be given for the most points awarded for a maximum of 3 animals. The animals must be designated prior to the beginning of the show, and must be bred and groomed by the exhibitor. Exhibitors will be expected to answer questions concerning the care and breeding of chinchillas. Anyone under the age of 18 is eligible.

If one were to fly in, which airport would be best? I have no idea what that area is like.

If one were to fly in, which airport would be best? I have no idea what that area is like.

Ft. Wayne, IN would be the closest. O'Hare (Chicago) might be cheaper to fly into but it's about 2 hours away.

Last edited:
Boo, a second year I'll have to sit out. :( I have family coming in to town for my birthday. (I would rather go to a chin show :D )

I'm pretty sure there is an international airport in Ft. Wayne which is about a half-ish hour of Auburn (I think)...Indiana's only real major airport is the Indianapolis International Airport which is on the south west side of Indy, which is pretty close to where I live. It is about a 2.5 hour drive to Auburn for me.

Then there is O'Hare in Chicago but I'm not sure how long of a drive it would be from there.

Edit: Cat is faster than me. :))

Last edited:
Southwest Airlines flies into Chicago Midway Airport. That may be cheaper than flying into O'Hare... just throwing it out there ;)).

THANKS, Sandi!!!

Nan AND Therese -- my anesthesia brain struck again this surgery. Javachin (I should have said Therese, but I said Nan) I would love to meet up with either or both of you if you decide to go.

I will check SW into Chicago Midway as Sandi suggested -- they usually DO have the cheapest fares, free baggage checking and no change fees!!! They fly from both Cali and Colorado, so chek them out from your cities.

I'm thinking I might try to make this show, since I've never been to MCBA Nationals.

Who's staying where??? Which hotel is closest to the show??? Best rates??? Recommendations from previous years???

All the motels are about the same distance away from the hall. I stay at the comfort Inn.

No, it is Chez Hendryx. A very exclusive abode.

Trying to get Bob to serve margaritas out of it all day long. Hoping to entice Alex, Christiane and Mish! Yeah-you ladies know what I'm talking about.

Juanita added some raffle prizes to the Chez Hendryx from the Michigan show. It also does a nice job of hauling shavings.

Latest posts

Back