2 Spoiled Chins in NJ

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaneNJoeyChin

Hello!

My name is Lindsay and I'm 24, from North Central NJ. I've had chinchillas for 3 years now. I have 2:

My first is Jane Marie Fonda, who is a rescue. A coworker of a friend of mine did not want her anymore and my friend, knowing I had always wanted one for over a decade, got her for me. Jane had previously been a 5th grade class pet. (???? I can't imagine what she went through with kids poking and prodding and possibly being left over the weekend at the school.... nightmare.) The woman also kept Jane in her GARAGE the last 3 months she had her. When Jane came to me, her fur was ratty and spotted in places from biting and she had no hair on her ears or hands, feet. All of her hair has grown in and although she is a total Mommy's Girl and prefers me over everyone else, she is my little lady with her particular routines and likes and dislikes who I love very much!

My second chinchilla is Joey Lawrence, who is 1 yrs old. I got him at Adam's Pet Safari, a small chain. *This place is 110% a gross pet store that does not treat its animals humanely and needs to be shut down immediately! The Warren location, where I bought Joey, has closed. Not sure about the main location.* Joey was very sick when I bought him. I did not know before purchasing. (I am glad I bought him and, I believe, saved his life.) He had giardia, and after a couple weeks of liquid meds and cleaning his cage and feet daily and vet bills accumulating to $500+, he is my little active growing boy! :hearts: The vet even said he was very tiny and thin when I brought him in. He's our little chickadee. :) He is also a Mommy's Boy and gets very jealous if the attention is on Jane. He is very talkative and energetic.

ScreenShot2012-11-05at50937PM.png

Jane is on the left, Joey is on the right​

I've never been active on forums, but recently got involved in one through a collection hobby of mine. I found Chins-n-Hedgies through Tapatalk and I'm very glad I did. I hope to gain even more knowledge of how to best take care of my chinchillas through here!

Latest posts

Back