What would you like to eat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chins don't have much meat, so I doubt they do much.

Canary melon is awesome. My friend has brought that home from work and it's to die for. I love deer meat, love bison... Other than that, I don't think i've been too experimental in my food tastings. I mean, I'm always up for trying a traditional type of food (beef, chicken, etc) prepared a different way, but haven't had the opportunity to try too many different things. I want to try alligator and ostrich...

I've tried everything everyone's mentioned except the quinoa, rabbit and squirrel so far, not much health food down here, but the unhealthy stuff is soooo good. Yum to cajun cooking.

As far as cooking chins they make soup out of them. A coworker I had at the Forest Service said he spent two summers on archeological sites up in Peru and the locals trapped them when they came into the gardens and ate them (and GP's). He was just tickled I'd brought one into work and he recognized it. One of the judges at the CA state show said he'd had it at a fellow rancher's and he thought it "tasted like ****".

Seeing how little quail have on them (and I make a mean quail noodle soup) I imagine chins aren't much different.

I forgot to say the BEST thing I've ever eaten are Ranier cherries! Yes I am the fool who will spend 10 bucks a lb on these babies! SOOOOO delicious!!!
Venison is good, also love pheasant but just give me a nice slightly mooing cow and I'm good to go--sorry Nikki and Therese!

wow...I read what everyone ate and I am picky! Although....I had scrapple once and said it was great sausage...only to be laughed at!! Never again!! I will stick with beef, chicken, and pork....I do love shrimp and lobster though!! I was mortified as a child when my dad hung a deer he shot from my swingset and my mom cooked a squirrel he killed. I was so sad!! Sorry everyone I am not an adventurous eater :(

Last edited:
Kangaroo is my favorite meat. I wish I could get it here in the states - the stuff I had tasted like lean beef/bison. I really like bison, has a slight gamey taste, but nothing like venison, which I also like.

I do NOT like camel - tastes just like their attitude.

That is about it for adventure here!

I was thinking last night that of all the places I've been and strange things I've eaten, the worst by far was some of the stuff mom made growing up. Casseroles and her meatballs... :puke: (All hand made, but yuck). She also made some awesome things, but I figure by now I'd have run into something equally nasty and unedible... but not yet. :D

I am also a cherry fanatic, love a good Bing, Rainiers are o.k. anything the PNW grows, and the new honey crisp apples they came out with. Yum. I remember getting a pound of cherries for $1, down here it's $5 a pound!

And my all time favorite meat is <drool>crab</drool> Red rock, King and Dungeoness... nom nom nom. Catching them is great fun!

Lmb - what about camel milk? I hear a lot about it, but have never tried it.

i am not a huge meat eater, dont really like to eat anything that is too cute & i might see at a zoo or on a farm. i LOVE sushi tho!

i would love to try some of those fruits at the supermarket that are always too expensive for me to get like prickly pear or dragon fruit, passion fruit, etc....

Growing up on a farm I've tried cow brain, tongue, and we grew up on Rabbit meat, but you couldn't get me to eat it now unless I was on a deserted island starving to death!
I lived in Hawaii, so have had just about every tropical fruit grown, even lychee, which is ok, but not as good as bing cherries! (love Washington state!)
I also love octopus, squid, and any and all seafood. Oysters, fried, boiled, baked and uncooked! yum yum yum!
One of my favorite dishes is tomatoes and macaroni. All it is is canned tomatoes, a bit of salt mixed with hot macaroni! Yum!
Theresa- we have a similar dish like you mentioned but instead of lettuce we use cabbage to fry, and put vinegar on it after it's served.
Now I'm hungry!

Im normally a picky eater but I have tried some "weird" things. Ive had and liked deer and gator. But besides those I wont touch anything outside of pig cow and chicken. Ill eat SOME fish. But not like "fishy" fish. More like "chicken" fish. If that even makes sense. I do not like lobster or shrimp. They fell disgusting. AND I was tramatized as a child having to peel and clean them for my dad. He would tell me "this is the brain and that is the poop" :vomit: I also will not eat clams or oysters. I refuse to eat anything that looks like it came out of someones nose. Anything with suction cups is out of the question too. My mom TRIED to get me to eat one as a child and it still had its eyes. So it was NOT happening!

I also dont eat fruits and most vegis. I dont like the texture. Like Lettuce crunchs like a roach that has been stepped on and a tomato reminds me of boogers. I literally cry and sob when forced to eat them. I do like broccoli though! but it has to be steamed pretty well and have very little crunch. Raw tastes too "green" to me. I have yet to find a fruit I can enjoy whole(not juiced). I would like to try pomegranate though. Its my sororitys fruit and I hate fruit. Can anyone can tell me what the texture is like? I would just go try it but Im so scared to not like it.

Laurie? isnt Rocky Mountain Oysters like bull testicles or something like that?

Tara, Raniers are "ok" OK? are you flipping kidding me! They are freaking AWESOME!

And yes Mel, Calf Fries aka Rocky Mountain Oysters are bull testicles!

Latest posts

Back