The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
work in progress

the first pic is of my first set up before i found this forum then i have picture of the in progress stages the last cage pic is of the new chew toys i got bought 4 of them "gentle" my chinny seems to love them so much:wink2:

Attachments

• MAGE_080.jpg
    MAGE_080.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 571
  • IMAGE_109.jpg
    IMAGE_109.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 533
  • IMAGE_118.jpg
    IMAGE_118.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 492
  • IMAGE_127.jpg
    IMAGE_127.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 498
  • IMAGE_061.jpg
    IMAGE_061.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 421
how much more expensive are the deep bass pans for the ferret nation that I am seeing a lot of people with? I finally broke down and put Hercules in half of my 142 that used to be Puck's. I have really shallow pans though and the mess gets everywhere. I don't mind some mess but it's really bad. I am thinking about ordering new deep bass pans so if anyone can tell me how much they are that would be great!

The link above is for 2.5" pans. I remember paying around $70 total for a 4" lower pan and a 2.5" upper pan including shipping from the California location (which most people recommend calling direct to talk to this specific location to order them) to Seattle. That was last summer. I highly recommend them!

seachin, i LOVE the name "sue nami"! its sooo cute!!!!!! i wish you'd post up some cute pictures of them!! they look adorable in that pic!!

skygirl, looks good, but I would remove the ramps. Chins can break their legs between the wires and they don't need them anyway.

wheeeeee!! i just bought my FN from Petsmart for an instore sale goig at $183.99!! after tax was $199!!!! and then just ordered some bass equipment pans!! i'm so excited to see them run around in the FN but so not excited to see the credit card bill.... :banghead:

the sale goes till 4/27! go grab one now =D

I'm glad you were able to find one! I picked mine up last night... It was the last one. I got to the checkout and the woman checking me out said "you took my chinchilla cage" joking of course, I told her about this thread and she is ordering some bass pans for it too..... Who'da thunk it, lol:laughitup:

Thanks guys I think my bass pans are only one inch deep. I want to definitely get the deeper ones. The 2.5" deep pans they have posted on their site now would even be way better than what I have now. I'm going to see how much it would be for 3" inch deep pans at least. I'm wondering if 4" deep would be to much?

if you change shavings often and dont make it too deep then the 2.5" or 3" should be fine. I might do the 2.5" next time since the 4" is kinda bulky and I dont do shavings in it anymore since (mostly) potty training sue and ginger to go in a baking dish with shavings. I use fleece liners and tiles.

finsihs product for now

here it is finished product Gentle doesnt seem to like the fleece items he doesnt use the at all but that could be cause he has never had them before so time will tell..until i see him using them i will hold off on anymore...from from start to finish...I started with all the plastic ledges and metal ramps took all that out replaced by wood shelves and leaping ledges..hammock...tunnel and a new home made wheel which works wonderful oh and lots of hanging chew toys still going to add more int he future but this is great for now :hug2:

Attachments

• IMAGE_128.jpg
    IMAGE_128.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 430
here it is finished product Gentle doesnt seem to like the fleece items he doesnt use the at all but that could be cause he has never had them before so time will tell..until i see him using them i will hold off on anymore...from from start to finish...I started with all the plastic ledges and metal ramps took all that out replaced by wood shelves and leaping ledges..hammock...tunnel and a new home made wheel which works wonderful oh and lots of hanging chew toys still going to add more int he future but this is great for now :hug2:

LOL there's a supersonic chin in there!! :neener:

Here's mine, kind of empty, I'm still filling it up :] Put some pics of my room so you could see how it matches. Don't mind the crappy supplies at the bottom I gotta order better stuff like Mazuri and so on

GIVE ME IDEAS TO FILL IT :D

Attachments

• DSCN0597.jpg
    DSCN0597.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 526
  • DSCN0598.jpg
    DSCN0598.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCN0600.jpg
    DSCN0600.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 565
  • DSCN0603.jpg
    DSCN0603.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 493
oo i love how it matches your room! that's so cute!!!!

one suggestion though, instead of the Kaytee dust....getting Blue Cloud is SO much cheaper!! i use to use Kaytee dust too but i decided to try out Blue Cloud...i got 10 lbs of Blue Cloud for JUST $9!...just my thought though... ;)

oo i love how it matches your room! that's so cute!!!!

one suggestion though, instead of the Kaytee dust....getting Blue Cloud is SO much cheaper!! i use to use Kaytee dust too but i decided to try out Blue Cloud...i got 10 lbs of Blue Cloud for JUST $9!...just my thought though... ;)

oh I know, that's why I put ignore the bottom shelf, I bought all that before this forum (you should have seen the cage I did have O_O yikes!). I haven't adopted yet though so I'll post it when its finished, right now just taking my time.

For those of you with the 142 split in two - how do you keep the noise down when the chins up top jump onto their floor? More specifically, how do you do that without the chin underneath deciding that the cushioning you've used looks like a fun thing to chew?

I know this is a couple month post but What I did to keep the bass pans from making noise was I cut a piece of cardboard the size of the pans and put it underneath the pan, works GREAT!!! no noise at all.

I know this is a couple month post but What I did to keep the bass pans from making noise was I cut a piece of cardboard the size of the pans and put it underneath the pan, works GREAT!!! no noise at all.

Great idea....thanks!!

Haley, I have some stuff that you need! I used to have my room be decorated with zebra print accents at the end of HS/beginning of college. Unfortunately, the best pieces that I kept are in my parents storage room in another state at the moment, but if I go there in a couple of months, I'll have to mail them to you! I have a zebra print memo board (one of those fabric covered ones with the ribbon) and a decorative pillow.

Anywho, as far as the cage goes, my chins LOVE the lava landings (small ledges). The best price I have found at the bottom of this page: http://www.rabbitstop.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SuperPetChinchillaChews

That site also has 10lb bags of Oxbow if you decide to feed that as well as Oxbow hay. In addition to the lava landings that my girls like, they also have lava ledges, lava dots, and lava bites and I know a lot of people on here use those products.

Other thing you could make with your felt would be a hay bag and maybe a little felt buddy. Looks like you still need good food dish too. Additionally, I'd say get a hanging toy or two (or order parts from someone on here or a good bird toy part supplier and make them yourself). I'd invest in a good wheel eventually too, but that's not essential to start, especially if you give your chinnie lots of play time.

I'm excited for you!

Back