The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everyones cages look great

i am getting my first ferret nation for my boys today i am soooo excited

i dont have near as many items as there cage is a little smaller than the ferret nation but i will definatly start collecting stuff now lol

i will also be useing the liners instead of that aweful shaving that make a mess lol

i just wish i had a sewing machine so i could make my own it would be soooo much cheeper.

i hand sew my own hammocks but i think the liners would take forever lol

where did you get the bridges for the cages, we were looking into getting rid of the middle section

ooo after looking through all of your guys' pix of the FNs i think my war between FNs and homemade just ended with FN over powering the homemade....@.@
but one question: where do your chinnies pee? i see all these pretty pictures and only in one of them do i see a pan where they pee.....are you just hiding the pee pan or do you just let them go on the fleece (wouldn't that smell?)

Some people that use fleece liners just use the fleece, and some have pans with shavings in the cages as well. The chins do tend to pee on the fleece and/or the litter pans, but most liners contain an absorbent layer. You need to change them out every 3 days or so.

My cages have more stuff in them now, but this was a few months ago:

4a824850.jpg

that little bed in the middle with the pillow
whre do all you guys get those they are sooo cute

Hello, I am new to this forum and have had my first two chinchillas for about 6 months now. My boyfriend recently purchased a FN for me for my birthday (lol) and I noticed the plastic pans but since it was a last minute purchase I had not had a chance to purchase anything to cover them with. I tried putting wood shavings in (WHAT A MISTAKE) the next morning I had chinchilla poop and wood shavings all over my carpet. I ordered a fleece liner and am waiting for it to arrive. But in the mean time I have noticed that many of you have metal litter pans on the levels. I was wondering where they were ordered from, the measurements used and the price if possible. Thank you so much.

Hello, I am new to this forum and have had my first two chinchillas for about 6 months now. My boyfriend recently purchased a FN for me for my birthday (lol) and I noticed the plastic pans but since it was a last minute purchase I had not had a chance to purchase anything to cover them with. I tried putting wood shavings in (WHAT A MISTAKE) the next morning I had chinchilla poop and wood shavings all over my carpet. I ordered a fleece liner and am waiting for it to arrive. But in the mean time I have noticed that many of you have metal litter pans on the levels. I was wondering where they were ordered from, the measurements used and the price if possible. Thank you so much.

I'm not completely sure, because I don't have a FN, but I think this is the one most people use.

http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Metal+Pans/default.aspx

I use the original plastic pans and cover them with fleece (folded around the bottom of the pan). No shavings mess and a whole lot cheaper in the long run. I shake out the fleece once a day and change it out completely once a week. I put the other set of fleece in there and wash the soiled one.

Edit: I only switch it out once a week because my boys both use a litter box (pyrex dish with shavings in it). If you use only fleece it's best to actually make a liner out of it with a towel or something else absorbent in the center.

Last edited:
wheeeeee!! i just bought my FN from Petsmart for an instore sale goig at $183.99!! after tax was $199!!!! and then just ordered some bass equipment pans!! i'm so excited to see them run around in the FN but so not excited to see the credit card bill.... :banghead:

the sale goes till 4/27! go grab one now =D

58adb7fb.jpg

All 6 girls are living it up in their FN! Had to make some temporary shelves for them today as the fun stuff from Simply Chintastic is taking WAY longer than expected. Who knows...maybe the temporary stuff will stay longer. They seem to like the shelves I made and so do I. :)

how much more expensive are the deep bass pans for the ferret nation that I am seeing a lot of people with? I finally broke down and put Hercules in half of my 142 that used to be Puck's. I have really shallow pans though and the mess gets everywhere. I don't mind some mess but it's really bad. I am thinking about ordering new deep bass pans so if anyone can tell me how much they are that would be great!

how much more expensive are the deep bass pans for the ferret nation that I am seeing a lot of people with? I finally broke down and put Hercules in half of my 142 that used to be Puck's. I have really shallow pans though and the mess gets everywhere. I don't mind some mess but it's really bad. I am thinking about ordering new deep bass pans so if anyone can tell me how much they are that would be great!

I think maybe these are the pans?
http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx

Back