The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to say i like all the pictures of the FN. I have a quality cage which I adore, but with the FN, you can do so much more with it, maybe i should of gotten one of them instead.

Maybe my next one will be one cuz I still need one more big cage.

All lovely guys you all did a great job at setting them up.

What FN are they, don't they have numbers with them too???

Jean

I just checked on ebay (I have two Martin's cages) and saw some fn for as low as 160ish.

***hmmmmm I do have a birthday coming up...and I was going to put my b-day money towards a car, but my chins would look really pretty in those cages***

Wow...I've never really been a fan of the FNs until I saw this thread! Very nice setups, all of you! I've also never considered liners until tonight. They certainly do add a nice splash of color!

Stacie--I fell in love with your last picture--your first air look quite happy, what with all the chinnie kisses going on in there! :hearts:

Oh my! That one is so pretty.

I just found an FN cage with an addition.

Are adding additions to the cages easy?

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I just talked to a guy close by who is selling a FN (sounds like a 142) :dance3: I hope the happy dance isn't premature. He's e-mailing me pictures today!

I'm trying not to get too excited, but I just talked to a guy close by who is selling a FN (sounds like a 142) :dance3: I hope the happy dance isn't premature. He's e-mailing me pictures today!

:tantrum:
Sadness. Though he advertised on Craigslist as a "Ferret Nation," it definitely is not one. Big, nice ferret cage, but not a FN. Alas, I will look another week or so and then most likely cave in and order one with the ferret.com price match to kennelvet option.

Keep posting all these awesome pics because I love admiring your cages and modifying my wish list

~Still Jealous
:wink3:

I emailed ferret.com to ask if they will price match. Any idea how long it will take for them to get back with me? Or should I call? Ah, I'm confused. I caved and am definitely going with the FN over the QC but I want to know how to set up getting the kennelvet's good price through ferret.com and their awesome shipping. Haha.

They do pricematch, You have to call them and give them the web address to the cage you want them to pricematch. I have my cage that way, and I know a bunch of people who have done it this way.

They might try to get over on you but dont let them, that is just them trying to get out of it. I got mine for 170 with taxes and shipping from them, infact I am getting ready to order from them again too.
Their email will be a bit generic I am sure, and they will tell you to just call.

Great! Thanks for the help. I'll give them a call now, actually, because I want this cage ASAP now, thanks to all you guys and your sweet cages. :rofl:

They do pricematch, You have to call them and give them the web address to the cage you want them to pricematch. I have my cage that way, and I know a bunch of people who have done it this way.

They might try to get over on you but dont let them, that is just them trying to get out of it. I got mine for 170 with taxes and shipping from them, infact I am getting ready to order from them again too.
Their email will be a bit generic I am sure, and they will tell you to just call.

:D Let us know how it went! If it was easy to get them to do it, I dont want to have to put my mean pants on to get it done lol!

Haha, it was super easy! The guy had to get his supervisor to approve it, and that took awhile, but they matched kennelvet.com. I can't wait to get mine! Now this means I have to start gathering the decor for the insides so my chins don't look at me with disdain over an empty cage. :rofl: I'm happy because I can combine my two males into one cage and still have them separated! :)

I was told 2-3 weeks and got my cage from ferret.com in 4 days!!! I realized after putting it together I have no idea how to decorate...I'm used to full length shelves but realized I can't attach anything to the from of the cage cause of the full doors. I'm going to have to get savvy! The chins are super happy already though with one measly shelf and their hammocks in there. And they're MUCH quieter than my homemade cages :dance3:

Speaking of ferret cages, I already have one of these (and i'll post the link) for Christy. ANd found one on craigslist for 40bucks, which is a decent price. Now I now chins prefer height over lenght, and the cage No-No is in is about 30 long, about 30 high and maybe 18 in dim. So do you guys think i should get this and switch No-No's cage. Remember I can't go out and buy one brand new cuz I'm not working, but I can swing $40 bucks. Even though I know they prefer height over width, in my mind I feel like even though it's tall, it's not long enough to put all the toys in it that I want, but i guess for one chin, they only need on hut, and there's always room for chew sticks. And I'm sure the wheel from Quality Cage will fit.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=17342+17345+17496&pcatid=17496

Jean

Sorry for writing on your thread, but i didn't want to start another one about ferret cages.

I just ordered a new cage, ended up having to go thru kennelvet.com as Ferret.com would not honor the price they sold it to me at 2 months ago. I can not wait to get it!!!

I don't know if I am missing it in all the pictures, but for those of you who use two levels, I see the open space in the back corner, but what do you use for the chins to get from the first level to the second level?

Back