The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if u make it pillow case style and have the opening to slide the tray in .. In the middle would work.. Though if you make it to the exact size of the tray the middle where the tray dips in is where the fabric lifts up (like a drum)
If u measure the depth of the plastic panand use that in ur pattern to give the fabric some give .. It'probe perfect !
Or u can put smth heavy on topand have the fleece stretch out ...
*rambles on and on*

Thanks guyz for the fantastic idea!

Last edited:
I still have the plastic pans for the 142. The fleece still don't cover the sides on the top shelf where the opening is.
I was thinking if I make one like a pillow case style where I can slip the entire plastic pan in the fleece if that would work.
Does anyone have something like this?

The fleece covers that I bought with the FN 182 on Ferret .com are pillow case style. The plastic pans slip right in and have Velcro on the end.

Are the fleece covers sold here for the FN 142/182, not the same style? I was about to buy a set, as the bottom cover has been on back-order forever now.

fleece covers the the people on here make, you put it in the pan and you clip it to the pan or put heavy things in the corners to keep the cover down.

Finally part of the Club!

Well it took me 6 months to find an FN142 in good condition on Craigslist but I finally did!

I ordered the Chin surfer wheel for her and I have some more toys and a few more fleece accessories coming but here it is!

Attachments

• fids_DSCF5267.jpg
    fids_DSCF5267.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 183
  • fids_DSCF5262.jpg
    fids_DSCF5262.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 144
  • fids_DSCF5263.jpg
    fids_DSCF5263.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 121
  • fids_DSCF5264.jpg
    fids_DSCF5264.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 95
Well it took me 6 months to find an FN142 in good condition on Craigslist but I finally did!

I ordered the Chin surfer wheel for her and I have some more toys and a few more fleece accessories coming but here it is!

It looks awesome! but you might want to put a hammock or something stretched across the middle so that your chin can't fall from the very top of the cageto the bottom and hurt her?self

It looks awesome! but you might want to put a hammock or something stretched across the middle so that your chin can't fall from the very top of the cageto the bottom and hurt her?self

I thought about that and had one ordered but then then when I put all the ledges in it looks like it will be fine. Also have the divider coming in a few days so I will add that as soon i get the bass pan.

Thanks!

i have them, its sized so it just fits the plastic pan itself, then i just sit it on the metal part. i was afraid it might be unsteady, but it works out just fine, especially if you have a hidey house or extra food bowl or something on it.

Do you have an picture so I can see how it looks like? So it is basically a pillow case for the pan correct? All my hideaway house and everything in the cage is bolted to the sides, beside their food dish and the chin chiller there is nothing heavy to hold the fleece down.

Love Bug and Fbodgrl: I order my fleece liners from Allison here, she does a great job with the clips and all. The problem is I can tuck all I want, my chins still find a way to untuck it within minutes. Worst is I found Tinker under the fleece just the other day :banghead:. That little stinker of mine I swear wants to give me a new surprise every day:impatient:
Not only am I concern about the plastic on the pan, but now a little fuzz ball like to go under the fleece :cry3:

Fleece Covers for FN Trays

I was looking to buy some covers for the FN plastic pans, but only if they are like the ones I currently have, which are pillow case style.

Does anyone on here make these like the one I already have? The plans slid right in and Velcro on the end and are even 2 sided (color). I purchased them for $11 each.

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

Thanks Love bug, I'll take a look at that. do you know if there is one out there that is without the velcro though?

yeah, if it's typed into google as Ferret nation pan covers. a bunch of sites have it. amazon was just the first one i went to.

I posted pictures of the pillow style FN142 pan covers I made but I posted them on a different thread "Yay!" <-- that's the thread. I also posted them on my Facebook page Facebook.com/WildRopes. I'll post pictures on here when I get to a computer. Right now I'm on my phone.

Here are the pillowcase style pan covers I made today
306452_280548208631450_195862490433356_1117292_804165510_n.jpg

Bottom pan
305773_280384411981163_195862490433356_1116704_1431610445_n.jpg

Karleigh Enjoying her new covers :)
314584_280385071981097_195862490433356_1116706_1842574919_n.jpg

Back