The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you can. I can't because as of right now Phoenix and Sedona don't get along. When I took the chin spins out of the box tonight I noticed that Sedona's didn't fit in the cage that she was in so I decided to let her have the bottom of the FN cage. I would love to just let them go everywhere but I can't. :hair:

Can you not take out the middle divider? I was told you could, and my boyfriend built it before I could ask him to see if he could remove it. It seems like the chins would have waaaay more jumping space.

I don't have the middle divider in mine and I really like it that way. I have a ton of ledges and the girls run relay races up and down the ledges! Here is a pic, my cage looks a little different now but this will give you the idea

Attachments

• pics 109.jpg
    pics 109.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 341
Ok great! Yeah yours is exactly what I want to do..lots of ledges!!!

I am BEYOND excited to report that as of tomorrow I will be a member of the Ferret Nation club!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been waiting for 2 years :impatient: and it's finally happening :dance3::clap::bliss::wave4:

(Sorry for the plethora of smilies!)

ALSO, tomorrow my mom is going to teach me how to sew so I can make liners to fit the cage!!!

ANY advice on getting it all set up, suggestions for the layout of things in the cage, etc. would be appreciated!! Thanks.

The lighting in the animal room is terrible, this is the best I can do. I moved it by the window. I recently took out the hammock from the boys section, they've never been in it once.

IMG_5516-1.jpg

I'm so jealous. How do you get your fleece liners so nice? :cry3:

*giggles* I had just changed the liners out, they were fresh. They don't usually look that nice. Twilight doesn't like the liners, so I just use a single layer of fleece (bottom section). She tends to pull the fleece up, I have to adjust her fleece everyday. I vacuum daily too, both sections. The boys have fleece liners and a single layer underneath it, I made the mistake of making the liners too small.

My FN turned to Chin Nation!

Yay! I have my FN all spiffied out now! Aaaannnnddd I took pictures for y'alls!

Here is the top placed so you can see the tunnel:
21948_347430799417_548054417_5046696_1295996_n.jpg

though add his peepan and a small hammock to this Pic:
21948_347430789417_548054417_5046695_5411416_n.jpg

Him being really cute:
21948_347430719417_548054417_5046687_3785659_n.jpg

And a picture of what other fabric we have liners of
21948_347431904417_548054417_5046700_664863_n.jpg

BTW, Happy V'Day to you all! :kiss:

Wow, you guys sure have some amazing cages! I have spent the last 2 hours looking through the 46 pages of this thread, and I am inspired. I got on craigslist & hoobly & searched ferret cages & found 2..one is $50, & one is $100, I inquired about both of them.. My thoughts is... I could set up one in half, so Luna & Cinn. can each have a seperate section, and I will set charlie up in the other one..and possibly look for a buddy for him! I have been in love with the Mosiacs... and I am currently considering a 4th chin.. already! LOL

Neither of them are actually listed as an FN cage...

Here is the one that is $100, and I DID hear back from the seller.
Does it look like an FN to you guys??

IF so, I will probably be making arrangements to pick it up next week!
3na3oc3p85Od5P55S2a279c48cc3a31f71a44.jpg

ok, that pic didn't work, so let me try these.. (it wont' let me edit)

cage.jpg

IF it is, then I will be making arrangements to pick it up, hopefully next week, as it is a 2 hour drive to get it...

cag.jpg

I know the critter nation looks similar to the FN, but i think see the ferret nation tag on both, if its not the same cages.

Yup, it's the same cage!

yay, now, I have to call the seller & hopefully he will hold it for me until I can get up there... I can't get there till wednesday, due to dog rescue transport tomorrow, work weekend, monday I have a vet appointment to get 15 animals spayed/neutered (doing a big transport to a low cost spay/neuter clinic for several owners/rescues), and Tuesday I have dr. appts here...

*Fingers crossed he will hold it!*

Back