MCBA York Show 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great show, we had a blast. Just got in. I'll post the main results for everyone

Section Champions
Champion beige female- Cedar River Chins
Reserve Champion female-Janice Barrett
Champion beige male-Janice Barrett
Reserve Champion beige male-Mystic Mosaics

Champion Sapphire female-Silkrhein Chins
Champion Sapphire male-Mish Irish
Reserve Sapphire male-Silkrhein Chins

Champion Violet female-Ryersons Chinchillas
Reserve Violet female-Ryersons Chinchillas
Champion Violet male-Silkrhein Chins
Reserve Violet male-Monika Grogan

Champion Beige female-Shoots
Reserve Beige female-Mystic Mosaics
Champion Beige male-Shoots
Reserve Beige male-Monika Grogan

Champion Naturalle female-Shoots
Reserve Naturalle female-Shoots
Champion Naturalle male-Shoots
Reserve Naturalle male-Shoots

Champion Black Velvet female-Shoots
Reserve Champion Black Velvet female-Raf Chins
Champion Black Velvet male-Shoots
Reserve Champion Black Velvet male- Shoots

Champion Ebony Female-Cheryl Robertson
Reserve Champion Ebony female-Ryerson Chinchillas
Champion Ebony male-Ryerson Chinchillas
Reserve Champion Ebony male-Ryerson Chinchillas

Champion Female of show-Shoots
Reserve Champion Female of show-Cheryl Robertson
Champion Male of show-Shoots
Reserve Champion male of show-Shoots

Grand Show Champion-Shoots
Reserve Grand Show Champion-Shoots

Knew someone would come in with the results!

Results for Bob M. breeder awards:

1st Place: silkrheinchins
2nd Place: Monica(Pony Trail Chins)
3rd Place: Mish Irish
and there was a tie for 4th place: Kelly(Mystic Moasics)and Missi!

I wish I could've stayed longer! :( Maybe next year. Thanks for the feed Megan!

Oh, and my little sister's trying to sucker the parents into the PW, so... any offers? :rofl:

Oh hey, does anyone know how Alexandria Brian's one chin was doing at the end of the day? Before the show, he'd gotten his leg pretty twisted in the cage. My sister and I'd noticed, and Barbara had gotten him untangled since she was right there with Ralph. Her two chins were in 198/199.

199 - Violet was pulled from the show before it even started, 198 - Standard took a 1st.... Not sure of the comments tho.

oh oh oh, you meant the condition of the chin! I'm sorry, that I don't know.

Cory bought the grand show chmp before the show. a beautiful black male! i think she should name him goliath.

our biege girl took a 1st this year.

Congrats to all the winners- it was a great show yesterday! It was so nice to see all the animals. I am still a little tired and trying to play catch up on housework so I haven't had time to go through the pictures I took, but some turned out ok. My camera is not the best for indoor pics. I thought I would go ahead and post two pics I got of the Grand Show Champ. cage 127 bred by Ralph Shoots and also I got a decent picture of the Res. Champion female of show, cage 160 an absolutely stunning extra dk. ebony owned by Cheryl (poetrue). None of my pictures really do the animals justice so I hope someone with a better camera posts more pictures from the show.

GSC.jpg
GSC2.jpg

RF.jpg

That eb that Cheryl brought is a couple years old too!!! Cheryl, put me down for a kit out of her :D

199 - Violet was pulled from the show before it even started, 198 - Standard took a 1st.... Not sure of the comments tho.

oh oh oh, you meant the condition of the chin! I'm sorry, that I don't know.

Well glad to see he did well despite his little ordeal! He was a very pretty boy. Then again, all the chins there were lol.

We got in late (or rather, early) and got the chins settled and went straight to bed. I just woke up a few minutes ago and I'm still beat! But it was so worth it, I had such a great time, my chins did well and my husband admitted to having a great time (OMG!) and wanting to go to shows with me from now on.

It was great seeing everyone again, I had a blast!

i think cheryl said she was born in 2004 - unbelievable!

cory's boy (and his fiance :kiss:) are just breathtaking.

i showed everything i had in the chinchilton born since nationals 2008 and still here and a couple of people showed chins they got from me:
a 1B
a 1A
4 1st
4 2nd
1 3rd

a couple of the 2nds i expected, and some animals placed lower than i thought they would. i was not very happy and needed to remind myself that more than half my chins took a first or better and that when i did not employ any selection whatsoever...

i left my show book there and this is the 2nd time in 2 years that i have done that :banghead::banghead::banghead:

That eb that Cheryl brought is a couple years old too!!! Cheryl, put me down for a kit out of her :D

Last edited:
Just wanted you to know Ash that Jesse #198 made first in the dark standards. He is fine. I was so worried before the show because he has never stood on wire and he is really a mommy's boy. He has no idea he's a chinchilla. I spoil him horribly and was worried like a mother hen. Kept going back and talking to him to boost his tender heart prior to the show. Thank you for asking about him. Thank you very much to those who came to his rescue. He means so much to me. Words cannot express my gratitude to those who came to his aid. I will continue to watch him at home. Special thanks to Megan for your help grooming. And it was very nice meeting many of you there.
Congratulations to the show winners.
Alexandra

Alexandra, I had no idea he got his leg caught. I am so happy he is ok! He was a pretty a boy :) .

My black velvet female took a 1b, and went on to take Reserve phase champ (A shoots blk took phase champ)

My Ebony took 1A, then took Phase champion....and then got knocked out by I think the ryerson ebony.

Either way I am thrilled with the way my animals did!

I also had a customer who showed a white female bred by me, who took a 1st. He also showed two standards that came from a trio I sold to him (two females were bred by me, the male was a cull I made) One took Reserve phase champ, the other a 1st.. I love knowing that the animals I've sold have done well!

Anyone know who had cage #166? It said on the sheet that it was mine and I received one more ribbon than I was supposed to with this cage number on it. Noticed this as I was going through things this morning. It says MPOE T21, VW class 3? It's a first place ribbon.

MPOE I think would be PoeTrue pets brand... maybe see if it was hers?

Yea I was thinking that was her's. I'm going to get in touch with her. If nothing else, she may know who bought the animal.

I was surprised how well my chins did concidering I didn't prep them like I should have. My tan male got 1a color phase, the tan white got 1a res. color phase, my standard girl got a 1st and my black velvet a 2nd. I wish I would have had a 5th chin to bring. Congrats to all the people who showed. There were several nice chins this year.

What a great day! Congrats to all the show winners! Congrats to all the raffle winners! Congrats to the baby derby winners! And thanks to everyone who brought items for lunch, it was all tasty. =)

There were a lot of first time exhibitors this year - 33 exhibitors in all showing 197 total chins.
43 whites shown by 20 exhibitors
6 sapphires shown by 4 exhibitors
18 violets shown by 10 exhibitors
13 beige shown by 9 exhibitors
80 standards shown by 21 exhibitors
17 blacks shown by 8 exhibitors
20 ebonies shown by 10 exhibitors

It was a great turn out!

Last edited:
Anyone know who had cage #166? It said on the sheet that it was mine and I received one more ribbon than I was supposed to with this cage number on it. Noticed this as I was going through things this morning. It says MPOE T21, VW class 3? It's a first place ribbon.

So that's where my ribbon went!! Yes, 166 was mine and I did get him from Cheryl of Poetrue's Pets. I did receive a replacement ribbon so I'm all set!!.

Back