MCBA York Show 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man-I just got home 1 hour ago. I am beat. We had alot of fun yesterday and it was so nice to chat with some people. I tell ya-Randy is awesome. Very friendly guy. Thanks again Randy. Dennis Longenecker had some nice animals and I chatted with him for a little bit. In all, I went down with 6 animals and came home with 19. I got some really nice standards and mutes and can't wait to put them in breeding.

I showed 5 animals and 1 for the baby derby. All the animals with the exception of Helga were not my breeding but I learned what their faults were and bought standards to improve on them.

So all of Cedar River Chins I showed-3 standard females took a first place
PW female from Alderbrook took a 2nd and a standard male from Chinchilla Park Place took a first. Not bad. Next year will be all my animals for show and I can hardly wait.

It was nice meeting everyone.

Jessica

What a BLAST!!! I want to think everyone I talked to who were so helpful and informative. With it only being my second show, and being late to my first show, I was pretty amazed by the whole grooming/set-up process. A special thanks to Monika, Randy and Jan & Rich!!!! I also got four new additions to my chinnie herd: a brown velvet and a light beige from Monika, a sapphire from Mish, and a white/beige from Randy. All of them settled in nicely last night, but they all seemed to miss their former mommies/daddies, and their old chinnie friends. :( Today they all seem to be doing fine, though. It's back to teaching tomorrow :( , but I at least have the Ryerson show to look forward to.

I'm so sad I couldn't go :cry3:

Congrats to all the winners :dance3:

Alex, I read about Jesse's little accident, poor baby! I hope he recovers fully!!

Just wanted you to know Ash that Jesse #198 made first in the dark standards. He is fine. I was so worried before the show because he has never stood on wire and he is really a mommy's boy. He has no idea he's a chinchilla. I spoil him horribly and was worried like a mother hen. Kept going back and talking to him to boost his tender heart prior to the show. Thank you for asking about him. Thank you very much to those who came to his rescue. He means so much to me. Words cannot express my gratitude to those who came to his aid. I will continue to watch him at home. Special thanks to Megan for your help grooming. And it was very nice meeting many of you there.
Congratulations to the show winners.
Alexandra

Alexandra, I didn't even realize 6dusters was you! Hahaha. Glad to see he's fine! I'll let my little sister know since she caught it.

So that's where my ribbon went!! Yes, 166 was mine and I did get him from Cheryl of Poetrue's Pets. I did receive a replacement ribbon so I'm all set!!.

Cheryl let me know that today! Glad you got a ribbon, sorry about the mix up, I didn't count my ribbons last night, just took them, made sure they all said "Hatch" on the back and got stuff done to go home. Then I was looking through them this morning and was like "I didn't have an animal with that brand," counted them up and surprise surprise! There was 11 (but they all said Hatch)!

Wow, sounds like everyone had a blast! I'm jealous that I couldn't be there, but I had to work. I'm glad everyones chins did so well! I was at the show two years ago, and it's amazing how much it's grown!

Cheryl let me know that today! Glad you got a ribbon, sorry about the mix up, I didn't count my ribbons last night, just took them, made sure they all said "Hatch" on the back and got stuff done to go home. Then I was looking through them this morning and was like "I didn't have an animal with that brand," counted them up and surprise surprise! There was 11 (but they all said Hatch)!

yeah, there was a mistake on the original list of participants with my Prowler included in your cage numbers. It was adjusted. I handed my info in, so I don't know what happened. I just chalk it up to pesky little problems that were quickly resolved. I was like "first they give my baby to someone else, and then no ribbon" LOL. All's well that ends well.

Congrats to everyone who showed! Everyone did so well. ALL of the standards that were entered recieved a 1st place or better. That was just AMAZING!

I was so glad to see everyone. I have been so out of touch lately and I miss all of you. It felt so good to get my chinnie fix and get to talk to everyone!

Thanks to all who entered our Baby Derby. This was only our second year for it and this year was better then the last! I hope it continues to be a welcome and popular additon to our show :)

His name was Tom :). He is not on the forums--but a wonderful guy, and a very lucky chin!! (Although, I am trying to get him to join up!)

We had a blast at the show. It was great seeing everyone again. Kelly, you did a great job on the baby derby! Just wanted to thank everyone who came over Friday evening and helped set everything up. It really made it so much easier coming in Saturday morning. Also to everyone who didnt skip out after the show and stayed to help tear down everything and clean up. It was greatly appreciated!

First off Congrats to the Atlantic chapter for another outstanding show..I swear it is always one of the most organized and get r done shows. It attracted more people spectating and showing then I ever remember seeing and a better quality animals also..I really enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new friends as well..
Secondly congrats to all who showed, and congrats to all of you who brought home some dam fine chinnies..
A special thanks to Kelly's hubby Craig and Bill for helping me rachet strap Jess's cages..We did make it home with no broken luggage rack..LOL
As far as our results go
We showed 5 animals out of our breeding and one we bought from a fellow breeder..
Our Pink white boy Harlow took a 1st
our Mosaic female Athena took a 2nd
Our eb/white female took 1A, color phase champ and champion white female of show.
Our standard boy Hypnotic took a 1st.
Our eb boy Barley (bought by Cheryl) took a 1A Color phase champ.
Also a customer of ours showed 3 standard females from us who all took 1sts..
The white violet we bought that we showed took a 3rd but it was entirely due to slipped fur and lots of it and being out of prime and pee stain on fur..Not the breeders fault mine..LOL
We were shocked as hell at even being in the running for a breeder award..
Tiffani (my daughter) won Monika little mosiac boy int he raffle and I was lucky enough to win the white sapphire from Jo-Glo chins..
Again it was great to see everyone again..

Ok I grabbed some pictures of my new additions from the show.

Casanova: the GSC black velvet from Ralph and Barbara. This guy is just amazing- I keep going to check on him to make sure he's really here. He's also surprisingly sweet and loves scritches already!
casanova.jpg
casanova2.jpg

Here is one of his future girlfriends, a super dark standard also from the Shoots:
Adele2.jpg

And last but certainly not least is Hope, a gorgeous sapphire girl from Missi (thanks so much Missi- she's beautiful!) I may eventually put her with the bv too to get some really nice black sapphire carriers.
Hope2.jpg
Hope3.jpg

Yes. Many thanks to Bill and Craig for tying down my cages. We really appreciated all the help. Can't wait for the next trip.

BTW-road tripping with Missi was a hoot! I can't wait for another road trip.

Jessica

Cory I am just happy that you like her and she found a great home where her lines will be used to their potential..glad she made the trip back well..I always worry..

LOL Jess

Wow Cory - Beautiful additions. I bet those Shoots kids cost you more than I paid for the birth of my children. LOL

The sapphire is lovely as well. Missi has some very nice chins.

Latest posts

Back